Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Games in this series have been close (well, except tonight), and the series lead/tie have see sawed back and forth. Entertaining on so many levels, with many little storylines within the games. And this, despite questionable officiating towards both teams.

Dallas and Colorado were superbly entertaining, but this series has given that other one a run for its money. Can't wait for game seven here - it is a shame one of these teams will not be moving on.

Reactions: Kinibo and Tofveve

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I can't wait for the west final. We will see how overrated Dallas is. They were lucky that the Avs had the Nichushkin circus around them mid series
Dallas has been the best team in the West all year and I called Florida Dallas Stanley cup in like February. Definitely not overrated and probably beats this winner in 6 or less. McDrai going nuclear the only hope

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This has been an interesting series from the perspective of a Pacific Division fan, but not the most interesting second round series. IMHO, this series would not have been close had Demko been healthy, and only Demko and DeSmith going out has made it interesting.

If the Canucks go all the way, Silovs will be mentioned for the Conn Smythe. The funny thing is that Silovs didn't even merit an honorable mention pre-season as one of the top 5 Canucks goalies -- Who Is The Backup Goaltender For The Vancouver Canucks | StatMuse

Watching JT Miller neutralize McDavid has been something. Watching Pickard clearly outplay Skinner has been something too.
9 points in 6 games is what you'd consider to be "neutralized?" :huh:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I can't wait for the west final. We will see how overrated Dallas is. They were lucky that the Avs had the Nichushkin circus around them mid series
Dallas has even more depth than Vancouver and their number 1 is actually healthy and playing like a number 1 goalie. Your oilers would be lucky to even win 1 against Dallas if they even beat the Canucks.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Edmonton 5-1 win. Not very close. Seems like it is not so high quality hockey on both end of ice. Inconsistent performances from both teams. Sure some entertainment value but not cup contender play from either team.

It's like if I want some entertainment I go watch Harlem Globetrotters (Edm-Van). If I want to see good basketball I go to watch NBA (Rangers - Hurricanes).

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Edmonton 5-1 win. Not very close. Seems like it is not so high quality hockey on both end of ice. Inconsistent performances from both teams. Sure some entertainment value but not cup contender play from either team.

It's like if I want some entertainment I go watch Harlem Globetrotters (Edm-Van). If I want to see good basketball I go to watch NBA (Rangers - Hurricanes).
I keep seeing this as if other teams haven't also had inconsistent performances so far in these playoffs.

As if Dallas didn't drop their first 2 games against Vegas in round 1 and had to rally and win in 7. Or blow a 3-0 lead in game one against Colorado and almost blow a 4-0 lead in game 2.

Or how if not for a 3rd period natural hattrick the Rangers weren't a period away from dropping 2 straight against the Hurricanes and allowing them back into the series after being up 3-0.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

They arent cup contenders bro, who are you kidding. You think Canucks with Silovs, sleepy pete and injured Hughes is a cup contender? Or Oilers with 5kinner and Nurse, Ceci and the cross eyed freak? Give me a break man 🤣

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I'm an Oiler fan but to be fair to the poster you quoted, it was posted before last nights game where McDavid got 3(all even strength) of those 9 points you mentioned.
McDavid also only had 3 even strength points in the first 5 games of the series so "neutralize" is about as accurate as you can get. Not much Miller can do about McDavid getting PP points.

Also agree with other posters saying the Oilers are not "real" cup contenders at the moment. If Skinner can revert back to the form he showed in December thru January they are but I'm not sure he has it in him mentally.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

To be fair that IS neutralized compared to his 5 PPG against the Kings

Yeah I mean I’m very entertained by it—best player in the world, teams and fans that are heavily invested, two teams that I follow pretty closely in-division anyway plus one we’ve had to get flushed by three years in a row, ther’s a lot to like in the series and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it from that standpoint

But it IS two eminently flawed teams, like undercard fighters swinging wildly and out of control. Then they run into a heavyweight like Dallas and turn into absolute jello. It’s INTERESTING hockey, but it’s not GREAT hockey. in my humble opinion, which I’m sure will probably come off as sour grapes to all but a few posters who kind of know better I think.

That being said, a Game 7 should be very entertaining, and will have the whole hockey world watching.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Definitely has been exciting hockey. Gotta give both teams credit. I really don't think that whichever team plays Dallas is gonna be as much of a push over as people make it out to be.

Reactions: Macheteops

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Yeah, yeah. We've heard that every round.

I don't get why you're so hyped about the west final though unless you're cheering for Vancouver. :sarcasm:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Two mediocre teams fighting, might be good if you're invested. Any of them will get eaten by Dallas Stars.
Not saying you're wrong, but its going to be f***ing hilarious if you guys who keep spam posting this same post in every thread are wrong. I've seen this same post at least 500 times in these playoffs and there's going to be some serious crow to eat if you're all wrong.

I think making outright statements like this in the playoffs is silly. People often end up looking like idiots and upsets happen every single playoffs.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's been good. But the most impressive have been Tampa-Florida. Two highly skilled teams with great goalies. I was like my team would not last 2 minutes against these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad