Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
It's been very entertaining.

I don't think there's 2 teams that hate each other more than Vancouver and Edmonton.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
wasn't it 25/26 sports analysts had EDM over VAN

virtually no one had Canucks as the favorites once demko went out.
To be fair, a lot of Edmonton media were not as confident in this series as some of the national media. Most fans/media that actually follow the team didn't think it would be a cakewalk.

It goes to show how poorly the national media understands these teams.

Reactions: Jason316

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I've honestly not enjoyed this series that much. In my mind, in order for a series to be epic there has to be amazing goaltending.

And this series..well.. yeaaaaaahh

That's of no fault to Vancouver who is playing a 23 yr old third string, but that's just how the series shook out

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I've honestly not enjoyed this series that much. In my mind, in order for a series to be epic there has to be amazing goaltending.

That's of no fault to Vancouver who is playing a 23 yr old third string, but that's just how the series shook out
I dunno if you can say Silovs has been anything short of great in the circumstances. He's faced a lot of high danger shots and really had one weak game in game one. The rest of the series he's been their best player.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
To be fair, a lot of Edmonton media were not as confident in this series as some of the national media. Most fans/media that actually follow the team didn't think it would be a cakewalk.

It goes to show how poorly the national media understands these teams.
In fairness, I can't think of too many teams that would be considered favorites with both of their goalies out.

What sivlos and the Canucks are doing is extraordinary

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

FWIW, Edmonton is now playing their 32 year old 3rd string goalie, which is kind of even worse.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Best is a vague word.

It’s the worst series in terms of quality of hockey.
It’s second best to FLA/BOS series in terms of bad blood.
It’s the best in terms of competitiveness in the second round ( VGK/DAL was best overall)

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If that was them looking good than they are definitely the worst team in round 2.

The Canucks are PDO frauds all along anyways, that's what we Canucks fans have been trying to tell everyone, we are just fighting for a wildcard playoff spot.

Nashville's defense is going to expose the PDO frauds that they can't score.
Edmonton's offense is going to expose the PDO frauds that they can't defend.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
The Canucks are PDO frauds all along anyways, that's what we Canucks fans have been trying to tell everyone, we are just fighting for a wildcard playoff spot.

Nashville's defense is going to expose the PDO frauds that they can't score.
Edmonton's offense is going to expose the PDO frauds that they can't defend.
That was a nice deflection.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
That was a nice deflection.

I mean, Canucks looked like the worst team on the ice most games this season, that's why they are the PDO frauds.

But thank god Hockey games are decided by who scores the most goals, not by which team looked the best.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If that was them looking good than they are definitely the worst team in round 2.
You probably just trolling if you think that leading oilers 3 to 2 makes them the worst team in 2nd round but keep sleeping on them. Best thing for Canucks is just win to keep the haters quiet

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Absolutely the best series so far in these playoffs, yes. I wish I had a chance to watch more of it

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Yeah I must admit this series has been pretty great. I really want Vancouver to win, but I can't help but to cheer for the Edmonton goalies, bouchard, McDavid, Dreisytl, and Kane. And this is just the a****** in me but I have to mention the fact that I hate how much power plays become so important in the playoffs. But yeah it's been my favorite series so far.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
You probably just trolling if you think that leading oilers 3 to 2 makes them the worst team in 2nd round but keep sleeping on them. Best thing for Canucks is just win to keep the haters quiet
Not trolling. If you think the Canucks have looked good this series than enjoy that I guess.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
As an Oilers fan, and this series has been very fun to watch and has been thoroughly entertaining.

As a hockey fan, I could not have asked for a better series. It has every potential of going to a game seven, and even then it is anyone's game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad