Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Vancouver has a solid roster. Colorado has 2 guys who can take over games and has a solid roster. Dallas is incredibly deep up front and has a rock solid top 4. I don't think the Canucks get by either team. I picked them over Edmonton. They could win if goaltending implodes for Colorado or Dallas, but not if it doesn't. Oettinger can be streaky and Colorado never knows what they are getting in net.
You can’t see the forest through the trees because you’re fixed with names on paper.

Edmonton also has 2 guys that can take over games and they’ve largerly been kept in check by a Vancouver defense that is quick to close their gaps and forwards pitching in on the backcheck.

Give me the less ‘sexier’ team that has 100% bought into the their system and individual roles.

Dallas may present some problems, though, and I expect these two to battle it out next round.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
You all know where this is heading right ?

Tocchet putting on the gear eventually and playing 4th line for a timely goal. There can’t really be any other satisfying ending to this

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You can’t see the forest through the trees because you’re fixed with names on paper.

Edmonton also has 2 guys that can take over games and they’ve largerly been kept in check by a Vancouver defense that is quick to close their gaps and forwards pitching in on the backcheck.

Give me the less ‘sexier’ team that has 100% bought into the their system and individual roles.

Dallas may present some problems, though, and I expect these two to battle it out next round.
Everyone disagreed with me when I picked Vancouver over Edmonton too. Colorado has defensemen. Edmonton has defenseman. These aren't the same teams. Comparing Colorado to Edmonton is like comparing an elephant to a tapir. The only similarity is that they are both pachyderms.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
As a neutral fan I've enjoyed FLA-BOS and NYR-CAR more, not that EDM-VAN hasn't been a good series as well.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Tocchet putting on the gear eventually and playing 4th line for a timely goal. There can’t really be any other satisfying ending to this

You joke, but Tocchet, Sedins, Gonchar were doing PP reps against Canucks PK, and scored.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Two Special Needs kids going toe to toe?

Way to grab for the low fruit, Guy.

Yeesh.
Canucks 5 - Oilers 4
Oilers 4 - Canucks 3 (OT)
Canucks 4 - Oilers 3
Oilers 3 - Canucks 2
Canucks 3 - Oilers 2

The scores speak for themselves, as well as the order of the team who wins. Throw in the dramatic reffing controversies and feel good story of Phillip Di Giuseppe scoring a clutch goal after becoming a father.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Canucks came in as favorites in a series which has now becime a coin toss.

What series this year has even come close?

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
You joke, but Tocchet, Sedins, Gonchar were doing PP reps against Canucks PK, and scored.
What’s their walk-on music going to be?

We just need some kind of management/coach clause pertaining to roster eligibility and we give our PP1 a new look

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

I see Tocchet putting on skates and hitting McDavid into the boards.

From the tone of news articles and reporting it seems the Van/Edm series is too late for most people to pay attention to
Van has already taken control of the series and the Oilers big boys are out of gas. Dont see McD or Crysaitl doing much the longer this series goes on. How many games can they play over 30 minutes every game?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I've found the West more entertaining by far over the east.
Feel like East is more boring to me, not sure why. West is much more physical and its like a war. While Eastern games look like figure skating and not much of a physical battle. Players like zibanejad or panarin would alrrady be injured or playing hurt if they were playing in western conference. Look at all the heavy and big physical teams like Kings and Preds who hit everything in sight. The FLA and Bos series is ok though but Nyr and Car series seemed like regular season games to me, only a bit faster.

Reactions: Fatass

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Great up-and-down hockey until the last two periods of Game 5, where the Canucks really took over. I'd still put it ahead of the other second-round series. I watched the first period of Game 6 of Panthers-Bruins today, and it was like a soccer chess match. Defensively very well played, but I'm entertained by great scoring chances and saves.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If they adjust the schedule to one game a week for Oilers, maybe
If the series started 2 days after kings series, Oilers would have been swept imo. That extra week of break kind of refreshed their legs.

Great up-and-down hockey until the last two periods of Game 5, where the Canucks really took over. I'd still put it ahead of the other second-round series. I watched the first period of Game 6 of Panthers-Bruins today, and it was like a soccer chess match. Defensively very well played, but I'm entertained by great scoring chances and saves.
Am entertained by Bouchard and Nurse brain farts and Skinner giving up multiple late goals. Certainly is entertaining to me and all the players have some character to them like Zadorov or Miller.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Both team shows holes but play intense and it’s entertaining. Nothing beats the Blackhawks/King series in 2014. That was a true two cup champions going toe to toe and the hockey was incredible.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think what makes the Canucks series unique is that they’re not only facing the oilers but the officials as well.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
As a sabres fan I am starting to get why Westerns HATE TO media. even though the Oiler/Canuck games have been great... Canadian National Media still needs to talk about the leafs EVERYDAY
Oh look the typical leafs and media hate lol
Series is getting coverage though leafs live rent free in so peoples head if they get mentioned it’s like it triggers them lmfao

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I tuned into a game a few days ago..First game I was able to see so far and I didn't think it was that great lol

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This series would be even better if it was Jay Woodcroft behind the Oilers bench. Him challenging every Canucks goal. 😫

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
An amazingly close series by 2 team that the fan bases loathe each other....great series....every game by one goal thus far.....fully expect to see Game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad