Can Alex Galchenyuk be salvaged?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
At the very least, I think he needs a change of scenery, unless Montreal can aquire a #1 Center for him to play with. I think it's established he isn't a top 6 center in this league. He scored 30 goals in this league a couple years back so talent has to be there. It's been 6 years now (crazy!) since he's been drafted and he hasn't panned out yet.

He's signed for 2 more years at 4.9 after this year. What do you see for him in the future?

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Any other team as a 2c and your'e laughing. He still has a great ability to be more tho

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
At the very least, I think he needs a change of scenery, unless Montreal can aquire a #1 Center for him to play with. I think it's established he isn't a top 6 center in this league. He scored 30 goals in this league a couple years back so talent has to be there. It's been 6 years now (crazy!) since he's been drafted and he hasn't panned out yet.

He's signed for 2 more years at 4.9 after this year. What do you see for him in the future?

Needs a fresh start, talent is there

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's been pretty good this season now that he's been moved up again. It was rough to start, but whatever Julien did worked because the guy is hustling, putting in a lot of effort and still has the natural talent and skill to go with the work now. It's fun to see. Obviously more production would be better, but our leading scorer only has 37 points and Galchenyuk has 34.

Hopefully next season we actually keep him and stop trying to trade him and he keeps this up. Unfortunately, considering the contract he signed that takes him to UFA (I believe) I think he gets traded and flourishes with his new team.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's been pretty good this season now that he's been moved up again. It was rough to start, but whatever Julien did worked because the guy is hustling, putting in a lot of effort and still has the natural talent and skill to go with the work now. It's fun to see. Obviously more production would be better, but our leading scorer only has 37 points and Galchenyuk has 34.

Hopefully next season we actually keep him and stop trying to trade him and he keeps this up. Unfortunately, considering the contract he signed that takes him to UFA (I believe) I think he gets traded and flourishes with his new team.

Yes he will be a UFA after his current deals up despite only being 26 when it is.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
dude i know his numbers are low this year but hes been a wizard with the puck and one of the best forwards (first or second after Gally). The whole team cant score, its only normal his numbers are low as well.
He can go back to 50 to 60 points and even more with MTL as long as the GM is fired and is given a legit chance at C with good wingers, like Zadina/Svech/BK and Scherback or Drouin (at wing).

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Montreal has destroyed the poor kid. I can't think of a more unfavorable situation for any player in the league. They should have been doing everything in their power to make sure he became their franchise center. Instead of burying him on the 4th line with AHL scrubs like Ott and King.

Once he gets traded and out of that toxic situation I wouldn't be surprised to see him push for 60+ points

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I’d welcome him on the Bruins with arms wide open (and Creed playing in the background). Come to safety Gally, come to safety!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i mean he's not ideal as a 3rd overall pick but as a generally useful player no salvaging needs to be made in my opinion.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Montreal has destroyed the poor kid. I can't think of a more unfavorable situation for any player in the league. They should have been doing everything in their power to make sure he became their franchise center. Instead of burying him on the 4th line with AHL scrubs like Ott and King.

Once he gets traded and out of that toxic situation I wouldn't be surprised to see him push for 60+ points
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

You're making Edmonton blush.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Yes. Not as a star, or even a legit 1st liner. But he can certainly be a good 2nd liner. It ain't gonna happen in Montreal though

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think so. He's been a productive player in the past, so i don't see why he wouldn't be able to at least get back to that in a better environment.

As any other player who loves to play with the puck and put the puck in the net he thrives on confidence. Playing with good players both even strength and special teams, on a team that's competitive, in an offensive role there's no reason why he couldn't be a ~60 pts guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad