Can Adam Henrique play 1C?

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I doubt it. Mostly because while I think Henrique's playmaking game is underrated, I still don't think he gets more than say 25 assists in most seasons. Frankly, if Henrique is your team's best offensive player then your team has problems. I don't feel like that should be a slight to Adam, but I figure he is mostly a 50 point player.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
i think henrique is still developing into more of a player than what he is right now

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I hate the labels of 1 or 2 for centers...Mainly because center depth changes everything.

Let's put it this way, if Josefson could develop into a solid center contributing both offensively and defensively...I would be ecstatic with a center group of Henrique, Zajac and Josefson.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I hate the labels of 1 or 2 for centers...Mainly because center depth changes everything.

Let's put it this way, if Josefson could develop into a solid center contributing both offensively and defensively...I would be ecstatic with a center group of Henrique, Zajac and Josefson.

It would be good if Josefson continues to develop, but I don't see how that really changes the issue. Would Henrique be the best of those 3 centers? Probably. But, is he really on a level where he can play and produce both with our top talent as well as against the other teams' top talent? If not, the team had to go outside of the organization to find someone who can. They're sorely lacking Top6 talent. If Henrique fills a viral role, all the better for the team.

wellonegm05*

I dont see what the infatuation is with status and label items such as 1st liner, 2nd liner, etc. Henrique is the best center on the team. He is not a "1st or 2nd line center" on Pittsburgh, but on any team in the league he is a very valubale player to have. I dont get why this team cant evenly roll 3 solid, well balanced lines. Maybe have two "top" lines. Henrique would undoubtedly be on one of them.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I dont see what the infatuation is with status and label items such as 1st liner, 2nd liner, etc. Henrique is the best center on the team. He is not a "1st or 2nd line center" on Pittsburgh, but on any team in the league he is a very valubale player to have. I dont get why this team cant evenly roll 3 solid, well balanced lines. Maybe have two "top" lines. Henrique would undoubtedly be on one of them.

The plan should be to roll 3 solid, well balanced lines. If we have the centers for it, then great ... We still need better wings.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Zubrus-Zajac-Brunner
Boucher-Josefson-Ryder
Clowe-Gionta-Ruutu

Yes he can, and that would be the line-up I'd use to do it (using the current healthy roster)

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Zubrus-Zajac-Brunner
Boucher-Josefson-Ryder
Clowe-Gionta-Ruutu

Yes he can, and that would be the line-up I'd use to do it (using the current healthy roster)

That doesn't look half bad. I'm assuming when Cammalleri gets healthy it bumps Elias back to a C position and subsequently moves Gio to the press box as players shift down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad