Hockey Fights: Campbell vs Weise (MOD WARNING POST#22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Does this help:
Imu1aNs.png

Looks like he got popped.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It was a hit from behind that would have been a penalty had a Bruin hit a Hab like that.

He then proceeds to slap Campbell in the head while Campbell is on his knees. Utterly ridiculous and cowardly. Then again, Campbell probably deserves it for choosing his first fight of the year to be against a goon, especially when he is perhaps the worst 'fighter' in the NHL.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This thread is nuts. If Campbell could take a punch this would be a non issue. If you go looking for a fight, you get ready to get hit. Campbell should keep his gloves on.

Lucic should have just dropped them with PK and fed him after the crosscheck.

If anything goes against the code it's the punching of guys while they are down. Bruins players continue to do this. It's embarrassing.

What utter garbage nonsense.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It was a hit from behind that would have been a penalty had a Bruin hit a Hab like that.

He then proceeds to slap Campbell in the head while Campbell is on his knees. Utterly ridiculous and cowardly. Then again, Campbell probably deserves it for choosing his first fight of the year to be against a goon, especially when he is perhaps the worst 'fighter' in the NHL.

dale weise a goon ? oh how the mighty have fallen !

And there is no way that was a hit from behind, none.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
dale weise a goon ? oh how the mighty have fallen !

And there is no way that was a hit from behind, none.

In the Montreal Canadiens-officiating world, if Lucic threw that hit it is a penalty. Like last game.

And yes, Weise is a goon, it is all he is. Same as when he played for Vancouver.... he manages to score against us somehow though.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
In the Montreal Canadiens-officiating world, if Lucic threw that hit it is a penalty. Like last game.

And yes, Weise is a goon, it is all he is. Same as when he played for Vancouver.... he manages to score against us somehow though.

:laugh: Weise is a goon? If he is, he's terrible at it. This is the only time I remember him actually winning a fight.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
:laugh: Weise is a goon? If he is, he's terrible at it. This is the only time I remember him actually winning a fight.

hes a goon from being cut from the same cloth as the other goons on the habs, turtleneck, pap and devil david deshairnais.

And that still wasn't close to being a hit from behind. you might as well cmplain about dale weise kidnapping the lindberg baby.

dale weise a goon ! man that's rich !

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Clear win for Weise.

Campbell jumped Tom Pyatt and hit him with his own elbow pad so I couldn't care less how closely a 'code' is observed when fighting him(the other Bruins 'fights' in that line brawl were garbage as well, for that matter).

Usually ain't no code in a rivalry. Neither of these teams have the moral highground. They hate Weise and Weise hates them back. You tend to want to beat the stuffing out of someone you hate...

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Clear win for Weise.

Campbell jumped Tom Pyatt and hit him with his own elbow pad so I couldn't care less how closely a 'code' is observed when fighting him(the other Bruins 'fights' in that line brawl were garbage as well, for that matter).

Usually ain't no code in a rivalry. Neither of these teams have the moral highground. They hate Weise and Weise hates them back. You tend to want to beat the stuffing out of someone you hate...
For the record i have no problem with what Weise did to Campbell yesterday.

i have an issue with your post claiming that Campbell jumped Pyatt. Pyatt threw the first punch. And campbell's elbow pad was loose, Campbell was NOT holding on to the elbow pad while feeding Pyatt.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Look at it through Weise's point if view.

It is your first game against the Bruins since "the handshake". You have got to figure that you will be a marked man so you are on high alert. In the first few minutes of the game you hit a tough guy (a player who has fought numerous times in his career), that player gets up and skates towards you (not towards to pick for a forecheck). You have to assume that he is coming to fight you. You decide that it is better to start the fight as opposed to letting him start the fight.

Sure he may have punched a little early but what should he have done? If I have someone skating at me that I am pretty certain is coming to fight me I would want to throw the first punch too. He did nothing wrong.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Look at it through Weise's point if view.

It is your first game against the Bruins since "the handshake". You have got to figure that you will be a marked man so you are on high alert. In the first few minutes of the game you hit a tough guy (a player who has fought numerous times in his career), that player gets up and skates towards you (not towards to pick for a forecheck). You have to assume that he is coming to fight you. You decide that it is better to start the fight as opposed to letting him start the fight.

Sure he may have punched a little early but what should he have done? If I have someone skating at me that I am pretty certain is coming to fight me I would want to throw the first punch too. He did nothing wrong.
I have no issue with what Weise did.

That coming from a Bruins fan.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Even a B's fan has to admit, the B's love playing this way, but really dislike when it's fed back to them...Campbell initiated it, and Weise finished it...end of story...no cheese, no whine....;)

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
good solid win by wiese. that being said if lucic would of done this to PK this thread would be 100 pages long lol.

That's true, but PK wouldn't be stupid enough to skate towards Lucic to pick a fight and take too long to get his gloves off.

What kind of an enforcer move is that?

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I think the thing here is a Bruins player can't drop the gloves first against a Habs player so they could end up taking a few shots to the mouth like this in the future....How often have a Bruins player been penalized for dropping the gloves to fight only to have the Habs player not engage and B's end up on the PK.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think the thing here is a Bruins player can't drop the gloves first against a Habs player so they could end up taking a few shots to the mouth like this in the future....How often have a Bruins player been penalized for dropping the gloves to fight only to have the Habs player not engage and B's end up on the PK.

Never.

They've gotten plenty for dropping and mauling a Hab but never for just dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad