WJC: Campbell saves USA bacon

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
The game today was all Swiss in the first period, and while the shots were close (14-11) the play wasn't.

Campbell saved the group to the point that each and every USA player came off the bench to give him a tap at the end of the first period, a move usually reserved for the end of the game.

The Americans went on to outshoot the Swiss 38-8 over the course of the final two periods.

Not only did Campbell hold them in there, he provided the best post-game quotes, particularly when talking about Benjamin Conz, the Swiss goaltender who stopped 46 shots.

“Oh he played great. I was getting a little nervous there. It was one of those games where the other goalie was standing on his head and they didn’t get too many shots. He played great all night and we were lucky to bury a few on him at the end. To pop that third one at the end of the game really took the nerves off it.â€

The last sentence was just great. Campbell was dead serious about not being comfortable about the game until AJ Jenks scored with 3:24 left in the game.

Cudos to Jack Campbell.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
It was hard to give it to him after he faced just 8 shots over the last 40 minutes.

So then how did he save their bacon ?

He was steady and a big reason US won but your title doesn't make sense if you are going to agree that it was hard to give him player of the game

I Ron Butterfly

Jan 6, 2007
www.cashcrate.com
The game today was all Swiss in the first period, and while the shots were close (14-11) the play wasn't.

Campbell saved the group to the point that each and every USA player came off the bench to give him a tap at the end of the first period, a move usually reserved for the end of the game.

The Americans went on to outshoot the Swiss 38-8 over the course of the final two periods.

Not only did Campbell hold them in there, he provided the best post-game quotes, particularly when talking about Benjamin Conz, the Swiss goaltender who stopped 46 shots.

“Oh he played great. I was getting a little nervous there. It was one of those games where the other goalie was standing on his head and they didn’t get too many shots. He played great all night and we were lucky to bury a few on him at the end. To pop that third one at the end of the game really took the nerves off it.â€

The last sentence was just great. Campbell was dead serious about not being comfortable about the game until AJ Jenks scored with 3:24 left in the game.

Cudos to Jack Campbell.

I guess your bar is pretty low when it comes to great quotes - pretty standard stuff there. Are you friends with Campbell, or just in a full-on man crush with him? Not trying to hate on you too badly, but I don't see the big deal.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So then how did he save their bacon ?

He was steady and a big reason US won but your title doesn't make sense if you are going to agree that it was hard to give him player of the game

Pretty much. I don't think he saved their bacon at all. He was solid enough and stopped what he needed to stop.

Campbell wasn't amazing. He was very good today and deserves another start, for sure.

GatoradeG*

needs more bacon

bacon1.jpg

IMG_2404.JPG

800px-Bacon.JPG

Yeah he played well. Decent enough to get the win I suppose.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I guess your bar is pretty low when it comes to great quotes - pretty standard stuff there. Are you friends with Campbell, or just in a full-on man crush with him? Not trying to hate on you too badly, but I don't see the big deal.

Well the fact he didn't lose his nerves until three minutes left in the game after facing just 8 shots in the last 40 minuets was rather funny to me.

Must've been the way he said it post game I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad