Speculation: Cammalleri to Vancouver?

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Alright so I thought I would make a tread for this and if you feel its unnecessary go ahead and lock it/delete.

But this would be neat if Gillis could get a deal done for him because we are lacking a top 6 forward. Kesler needs that guy to play with that can help this team.

Cammalleri is only 31 so we could probably keep him for a few years and not make a mistake like we did with Roy.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Cammalleri-Kesler-Burrows

Could probably help us with our offense if it continues to struggle. But anyways thoughts??

FAMOUSfin

Oct 11, 2011
As a preface to this thread, everyone who has given up on this core is really lame.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Another player who has shown the capability to put pucks in the net seems pretty necessary right now. I would definitely welcome this, would be fine with Jensen or Gaunce being the centerpiece.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Thought we were trying to become younger? Please, no more veterans on this team, we need youths.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
As a preface to this thread, everyone who has given up on this core is really lame.

I haven't given up on them, but it's clear they need help or some type of shake up.

How many playoff games do you need to watch that all go the same before you get it?

They. Can't. Score. Enough.

Cammaleri, meh - depends on the cost. He'd help, but not interested unless the cost is reasonable.

EDIT: With this core, the past 3 playoff series (BOS/LAK/SJS) spanning 16 games, the Canucks have 24 goals. That's significantly less than 2 goals per game. Sorry if after 3 playoff rounds, 16 playoff games (a whole bunch of them at home by the way) and 3 separate playoff seasons, this core can't score enough.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I haven't given up on them, but it's clear they need help or some type of shake up.

How many playoff games do you need to watch that all go the same before you get it?

They. Can't. Score. Enough.

Cammaleri, meh - depends on the cost. He'd help, but not interested unless the cost is reasonable.

The Canucks have a first line and one-third of a second line:

Daniel / Henrik / Burrows
#### / Kesler / ####

Higgins and Hansen are third-liners with tweener capability, Santorelli is not a second-liner, Kassian isn't ready, and David Booth is a sad, strange little man.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Higgins and Hansen are third-liners with tweener capability, Santorelli is not a second-liner, Kassian isn't ready, and David Booth is a sad, strange little man.

By what metrics are Higgins and Santorelli not 2nd liners? Or for that matter, Hansen.

Santorelli is currently in the top 120 for points in the league, tied with Staal and ahead of Vanek. Higgins is 150th in points but 72nd in goals. Hansen has produced at Top 6 rate for several seasons now.

Henrik, Daniel, Santorelli, Kesler and Higgins are also Top 90 in the league at ES.

Maybe they're not good enough by your standards but they're clearly 2nd line material.

---

If we're to talk about this team's production then the issues are: Burrows, Daniel, Hansen's injury and 4th line being ****. 2nd line is really the least of our problems. Could it be better? Yes. Is it a problem? No.

And then the elephant: our PP.

Last edited:

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised if the team traded for him, especially if the scoring slump continues. If a trade does happen, I hope it involves Booth.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

I haven't given up on the core. There are pieces in our core that work and some that do not. This thread is more about the talk about Cammalleri coming to Vancouver. Everyone complains Booth, Sestito, Alberts this that.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
The Canucks have a first line and one-third of a second line:

Agreed completely. Look across the past champions, it's really not rocket science - the Bruins were deep and had production throughout their lineup against us, the Sharks are as deep as it gets up front in the West and the Kings had a great supporting cast offensively during their run.

We don't have that, we have a large group of tweeners. Higgins will be hot for 10 games, then go 15 without a goal. Same with Mason Raymond in years past, just far too inconsistent. Jannik Hansen, love the effort, but he's not a top 6 forward, he lacks offensive consistency as well.

Santorelli, he's had a great start, but he's starting to show signs of slowing down offensively as well.

Look at what Marchand did offensively in the series against us, Peverley, Kelly, Paille, Ryder, Seguin - goals throughout their lineup. Where is our secondary offense when it counts?

This core can win it, but people around here are insane if they think they can do it without more offense from their teammates or help via trade (which is the more likely outcome)

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Look at what Marchand did offensively in the series against us, Peverley, Kelly, Paille, Ryder, Seguin - goals throughout their lineup. Where is our secondary offense when it counts?

This core can win it, but people around here are insane if they think they can do it without more offense from their teammates or help via trade (which is the more likely outcome)

I agree. You can call them second liners based on the (regular season) stats, but if that's the case, where the hell have they been in the last 3 playoffs? It's the same old story.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

If we lose in a real **** way again, I may go off on a theory I am developing about the core. It depends. If we win I'll probably do a series of loud woo'ing noises and donate money to the Libertarian party of America.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I hate this goof and I know Bieksa has issues from him. No better options? He is not the answer. Might as well tank... for tyler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad