cameron-crowe.jpg

Kirk-Cameron-growing-pains-5112157-243-324.jpg

David-Cameron-on-a-visit--008.jpg

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I just love how this thread has zero replies. :laugh:

It was common knowledge that Cameron would get an extension, plus they don't tend to announce the dollar value in coaching deals so we cant go on about "Great value!" and stuff like that.

I think it is a good contract. One year shorter than I would expect, which is more a hangover on the team's part from firing MacLean so early in his deal.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Any rumors on assistant coaching vacancy? Rumor down here in Windsor has Spitfire head coach Bob Boughner heading for an NHL assistant coaching gig and there is only four teams with assistant coaching spots - Ottawa, Detroit, San Jose and Edmonton. Boughner was on the Cameron WJC Team Canada coaching staff so there is a link there.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Any rumors on assistant coaching vacancy? Rumor down here in Windsor has Spitfire head coach Bob Boughner heading for an NHL assistant coaching gig and there is only four teams with assistant coaching spots - Ottawa, Detroit, San Jose and Edmonton. Boughner was on the Cameron WJC Team Canada coaching staff so there is a link there.

Just that Tourigny guy from Colorado, not sure if that has changed but seemed pretty likely a month or so ago.

Ttracer*

McLean was a nightmare, way too goofy and casual. Good to see a serious coach behind the bench.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
McLean was a nightmare, way too goofy and casual. Good to see a serious coach behind the bench.

Cameron is goofy sometimes too. Doesnt juggle line as much as maclean or pick favorites. Hopefully he doesnt say something like i need more players with 400 games. How about just good players?

People also need to realize hoffman turns over the puck a crazy high amount per 60 relative to the other forwards. This combined with him actually going as cold as ryan is likely the reason his ice time was hit

Just want to point that out even if you didnt say anything about it lol. Was reading about people mad about hoffman's handling and saying it was arbitary

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
All I know is I stopped complaining about coaching decisions after Cameron was hired. It's not like I wanted him to be coach; in fact I thought he got there through nepotism and was ready for the worst. But it turns out all the issues I had were addressed once he became coach (some of them possibly by sheer luck and injuries), and the team went on its magical run.

Well-deserved contract; let's see if he can keep this up! :handclap:

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
All I know is I stopped complaining about coaching decisions after Cameron was hired. It's not like I wanted him to be coach; in fact I thought he got there through nepotism and was ready for the worst. But it turns out all the issues I had were addressed once he became coach (some of them possibly by sheer luck and injuries), and the team went on its magical run.

Well-deserved contract; let's see if he can keep this up! :handclap:

It was really interesting to see him make nearly all the decisions that these boards wished Maclean would make.

I'm optimistic about Cameron's upcoming two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad