Rumor: Cam Ward

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
tenor.gif

Reactions: gab6511
Feb 24, 2017
Ya, we’re not grateful at all that he played a major role in winning us a cup.

:sarcasm:

Seriously, what are you talking about?
I feel hurricanes fans have been too overzealous on crapping all over Ward now that he’s not what he used to be.

I do understand that his play has fallen off a cliff, but I feel that being so massive in winning the Stanley Cup in a market where that is by far the best thing they have ever done, the guy shouldn’t ever again pay for a meal or take any crap ever again in the state of Carolina.

That’s just my opinion and I do understand if you take exception.

This is coming from a fan in a long suffering fan base where I would let every player that won this area’s first theoretical cup languish into absolute liability and still call them hall of famers for that one moment of ultimate relief.

Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I feel hurricanes fans have been too overzealous on crapping all over Ward now that he’s not what he used to be.

I do understand that his play has fallen off a cliff, but I feel that being so massive in winning the Stanley Cup in a market where that is by far the best thing they have ever done, the guy shouldn’t ever again pay for a meal or take any crap ever again in the state of Carolina.

That’s just my opinion and I do understand if you take exception.

This is coming from a fan in a long suffering fan base where I would let every player that won this area’s first theoretical cup languish into absolute liability and still call them hall of famers for that one moment of ultimate relief.

It’s never been my impression that he takes a lot of crap, as you say. Maybe if you went on the canes Facebook page or to some other forum with less knowledgeable fans. Here on hf we’re of course very thankful for what he did for us. At the same time that doesn’t guarantee him a job for as long as he’d like it.

He was good in a backup role last year but Darling obviously couldn’t get it done as a starter. We’re likely stuck with him so by default Ward can’t be back. Darling isn’t likely to become a starter now all of a sudden and Ward isn’t one. We have to get someone better and with Ward being ufa he’s the one to go.

Feb 24, 2017
It’s never been my impression that he takes a lot of crap, as you say. Maybe if you went on the canes Facebook page or to some other forum with less knowledgeable fans. Here on hf we’re of course very thankful for what he did for us. At the same time that doesn’t guarantee him a job for as long as he’d like it.

He was good in a backup role last year but Darling obviously couldn’t get it done as a starter. We’re likely stuck with him so by default Ward can’t be back. Darling isn’t likely to become a starter now all of a sudden and Ward isn’t one. We have to get someone better and with Ward being ufa he’s the one to go.
That is what I am saying the difference comes from. After all the crap that comes with being a fan of my team, I am so ready to accept jobs for life for anyone who can make the Canucks a cup winner. Right or wrong. If we ever get to celebrate a Canucks cup winner here, I DGAF about another one. And give em all contracts till they choose to retire.

I am 36. I have lived and died with the Canucks since I was 8. I have eaten the crap sandwich 28 years without reward. If they win the cup ever, I’ll hapilly eat that crap sandwich every other year until I die, cause for one year I got to LIVE the fullest fan life.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Still a Good backup bit shouldn’t start . The options stink so he will get a job

Buffalo ?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
That is what I am saying the difference comes from. After all the crap that comes with being a fan of my team, I am so ready to accept jobs for life for anyone who can make the Canucks a cup winner. Right or wrong. If we ever get to celebrate a Canucks cup winner here, I DGAF about another one. And give em all contracts till they choose to retire.

I am 36. I have lived and died with the Canucks since I was 8. I have eaten the crap sandwich 28 years without reward. If they win the cup ever, I’ll hapilly eat that crap sandwich every other year until I die, cause for one year I got to LIVE the fullest fan life.

Ok, well you enjoy your sandwich and we’re gonna try and win some hockey games.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
would love Ward to come to Pitt as a back up. Suggested it a while back but everyone said he wouldn’t leave Carolina

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I wish we could find a way to jettison Darling so we could bring back Ward.

He's okay as a 1B/2 but we don't have room for him with useless Darling on the roster.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Ward has a lot of reasons to stay in Raleigh .. I expect him to either re-sign or retire.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Damn. Darling officially has the worst contract in the league. 4+M at 3 more years for at best a backup goalie.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
As bad as his deal is he’s not even close to the worst contract.

It's got a be up there, no? 4M for 3 more years for a backup is extremely crippling to the Canes who need an actual starter.

Might not be the term or AAV of a Seabrook but it's crippling to Carolina given the circumstances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad