Cam Talbot's new Oilers mask

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is a worthwhile read on Talbot for anyone who is interested....

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/why-cam-talbot-is-better-prepared-for-edmonton-than-you-think/

It finishes up with some info about his mask...

And will Talbot still sport one of his trademark Ghostbusters masks on his head opening night despite not playing in New York anymore? Count on it. It will feature a glow-in-the-dark Slimer from his regular artist Dave Gunnarsson and will serve as Talbot’s main design for the season. Maybe it’ll change again once the all-female Ghostbusters reboot arrives in 2016.

“That could be in the plans,†he said. “I love the women they’ve put in that movie. It was great casting, and who knows? Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to get a cameo in there because of my mask.â€

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Looks good! Can't wait to see some better pictures.

edit: Orange Slimer?
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I'm the opposite. Don't mind a little personality, but these days it's almost all a mess of random cartoon crap with little actual connection to the team. Just look at this junk.

One of my favourite masks of the last few years was Hiller's murdered-out Ducks mask. Luongo's clean Panthers masks are good and Bishop's neon lightning mask is also pretty cool.

Thanks for saying pretty much what I was about to say lol

I hate the airbrushed messes too, I would rather see the team color with some metallic accents - maybe some crazy stuff on the back.

The liked Scrivens mask he had the year he was traded here, I like the one Talbot is wearing in the dressing room pic - The old Eddie Belfour eagle mask was great of course but still simple enough and in context with the uniform.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11954613_10153574021329819_4534444000683625936_n.jpg

Official DaveArt description:

"Who do you gonna call?

Yep, the Goalbusters new spoky Oil bucket is here... Cam Talbot is getting ready for the new season with his new team Edmonton Oilers...

Slimer is all over the mask, of course in orange color... And he looks more slimy than ever...

And as the true ghost he is, he glows in the dark... DAVEART GLOW Tech FX and all kind of FX are all over the mask...

When you come really close to the ghost, if you dare, you will find all the details all over the mask..

Cam, I love to be your Goalbuster artist and create your mask art, thank you!

Thank you all for your interest. I am so happy and thankful, I am living my dream and I promise I will always work hard for you hockey fans all over the world. ❤

@edmontonoilers @nhl #daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart #daveartglow @davidofdaveart #talbot #goalbuster
"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ghostbusters is a great (great) movie. 1000% better than the "summer blockbuster" crap that passes for good today.

Good for Talbot.

I don't care what's on his mask as long as he stops the puck.

I used to have a Ghostbuster toy as a kid that "slimed" the Ghostbusters with orange slime just like on his mask too. So maybe that's a good omen, lol.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Ten year olds will like it. Most adults, not so much.

Too cartoonish for an NHL mask. Belongs in the minor leagues.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Garbage butt ugly mask. If it was brown it would look like it was swimming in feces.

With any graphic possible this is what a goalie is going to want? Cartoon imagery? Dubnyk part 2?

Do people put these goalies to bed and read bedtime stories? Milk and cookies? :laugh:

Something about Talbots presentation reminds me of J Schultz. Not sure what it is.

looks like a kid trying to grow a beard.

"Slimer mask, cradle of stupidity"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad