Cam Talbot - Mod warning #251

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Hank's the best, but it's really nice to hear that your backup goaltender is starting and think "We've still got this."

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
If Hank is out for a long time, Talbot may get the Vezina this year.

:laugh: I am not sure if this is a serious post... Hank has the flu and while Talbot is doing really well when he starts it is unsure if he could maintain this over an extended period of time or more like 5-6 starts in a row. I do enjoy the way talbot plays and I liked seeing some of the emotion in Ottawa but I do not think he would get the Vezina.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Could he get the Calder maybe?:blackcat:

Too old... I think...

"To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, to be eligible for this award a player must not have attained his twenty-sixth birthday by September 15th of the season in which he is eligible."

Cam is 26 but born in July so he missed it by a few months

Last edited:

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Could he get the Calder maybe?:blackcat:

Ignoring age restraints, he's probably have to steal a starters job for something like that. If Hank had gone down early and Talbot came in and put up elite numbers, maybe, but I can't see a rookie back-up even getting a nomination.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yet another embarrassingly bad game by The Bot. At 1.59 and .943, all those articles over the years discussing how the Rangers don't have any legitimate goalie prospects are clearly proven right. If he's reading this, I hope he realizes just how disappointed we've been with his performance.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
A case could be made for the Goalbuster being the best backup in the league this season. Will be very interesting to see how he looks over the next few years

Wolfy*

Where's the Hank appreciation thread?

Talbot plays 20 games a season. Creds for the shutout and good defensive play last night, but Talbot didn't have much to do against one of the worst teams in the league.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
feel bad for cambot, he's stuck in a dead end job!

On the flip side, he's going to be awesome trade bait next year

hes the primary backup on an original 6 team that has a solid roster in front of him.

Rangers arent going to trade him anytime soon. why would they?

he's a damn good goalie and the rangers have nothing behind Henrik.

Goalies have horrendous trade value.

keep Talbot.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Because he's shown he's a top-tier caliber starting goalie who'll be able to earn over $3 Mil (maybe 4) on the open market. If the Rangers have the cap space then go for it, otherwise he's gone as a UFA after 2014-15 and the Rangers should get something in return

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
hes the primary backup on an original 6 team that has a solid roster in front of him.

he's a damn good goalie and the rangers have nothing behind Henrik.

Goalies have horrendous trade value.

keep Talbot.

I think it really depends on what they can get for him. If it's a first round pick or equivalent, you have to do it. If it's a second rounder (which a lot of backups in his situation have gotten), you consider it. Anything less than that, you probably keep him.

Great article on how goalie value can vary: http://grantland.com/features/ryan-miller-goalie-trade-market/

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Because he's shown he's a top-tier caliber starting goalie who'll be able to earn over $3 Mil (maybe 4) on the open market. If the Rangers have the cap space then go for it, otherwise he's gone as a UFA after 2014-15 and the Rangers should get something in return

No he hasn't.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
No he hasn't.

For goalies with at least 20 games played, Cambot is #1 league-wide in Save PCT (.940) and #2 in GAA (1.66), and #2 in number of shutouts per game (0.15).

If your argument is the small sample size, then we'll see by mid year next season if that holds up. If it does, then he's going to take his chances on the open market and someone will take the chance and pay him. The guy is so calm and relaxed in net, nothing phases him. Someone will want him as a starter, and it's never going to happen in NYC

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If I were a GM of Edmonton or another team looking for a good young goalie, I would definitely be willing to give up a pair of second rounders with maybe another throw in for The Bot.

The odds of him turning into a quality starter are far greater than the odds of even one of the two second rounders becoming NHLers.

Goalbuster for #2 2014, #2 2015 and #4 2015.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If I were a GM of Edmonton or another team looking for a good young goalie, I would definitely be willing to give up a pair of second rounders with maybe another throw in for The Bot.

The odds of him turning into a quality starter are far greater than the odds of even one of the two second rounders becoming NHLers.

Goalbuster for #2 2014, #2 2015 and #4 2015.

again, i see no reason to move Talbot. none whatsoever.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'd trade him for a quality #2C... and I mean a guy that can put up 60-70 points, plus a prospect, possibly another goalie

Anything else? No thanks, he's worth that much to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad