Recalled/Assigned: Cam Schilling recalled to Jets

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Who else got hurt?

Ken Wiebe said the following on twitter:

"Schilling's recall makes you wonder if Dustin Byfuglien really is 100 percent healthy. However, he could have been brought up for a different reason. Schilling has six assists in 15 games for the AHL's Manitoba Moose this year."

Maurice mentioned in todays press conference that the flu bug has hit the team. Could be precautionary on that account.

Left shooting Schilling hasn't played an NHL game since March of 2015.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Its not unheard of for the symptoms not to manifest until a bit after the incident which might be the case here. He either passes or doesn't pass his baseline in game. If he does then its up to him whether he comes back, not much the Dr. or coach can do there.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Its not unheard of for the symptoms not to manifest until a bit after the incident which might be the case here. He either passes or doesn't pass his baseline in game. If he does then its up to him whether he comes back, not much the Dr. or coach can do there.

The eye test should over rule a flawed baseline test in a case like this.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well I am watching the Stars-Flames game and if Bayreuther, Taylor Fedun and Joel Hanley can round a bottom 3 for the Stars we can handle a Schilling or two. Morrow-Niku sounds dangerous, so maybe we see Schilling-Niku, who have some familiarity, against the Hawks.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't expect him to play but other than Niku he looked the best of Moose d-men in preseason.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Is it possible that the lack of real injury trouble has been holding the Jets back?
Last year the team gutted out so many games during stretches where we were really short handed options wise.

Never like to see people get hurt but adversity could be the thing the Jets need to tighten up their game.
Unfortunately with Scheif looking at least nicked up last game it may be too much at once.

I guess we just assume Niku in for someone and the forwards will be the same.

Started to think if Scheifele had left the game on Tuesday that Maurice likely would have slid Wheeler to center.
That would bring Perreault or Roslovic up to that line as well. Ehlers could flip wings depending on who was slotted with them. I'll be more than happy if we don't have to find out.

Reactions: Crocket and Jet

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Because it must be inherently flawed if he passed it.
Not necessarily. People can have trouble with balance and not be concussed. I think it was actually Rick Ralph yesterday on 1290 who brought up the potential of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Basically part of your inner ear gets dislodged and you lose all sense of balance for a period of time. Not saying he is right or wrong just that there is often more than 1 possibility for something and that is why you use the best available knowledge to make a diagnosis.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Not necessarily. People can have trouble with balance and not be concussed. I think it was actually Rick Ralph yesterday on 1290 who brought up the potential of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Basically part of your inner ear gets dislodged and you lose all sense of balance for a period of time. Not saying he is right or wrong just that there is often more than 1 possibility for something and that is why you use the best available knowledge to make a diagnosis.

What if he lied about symptoms?

It seemed he was insistent to not go into the protocol in the first place.

We can come up with excuses, but what is most likely?

He may have lied, but that is why you take the decision away from the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad