Management Cam Neely - State of the Bruins (10/13/21)

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Over the past 4 postseasons here are Krejci's point totals 10, 16, 12, 9 . Charlie Coyle while healthy and playing 3rd line minutes matched Krejci's highest point total over that span with 16 points in 18-19 postseason and he had only 2 PP goals out of those 16 points.

Coyle will be seeing tougher match-ups, but will have (hopefully) better wingers, it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out

Reactions: inactive user

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not Stamkos anymore. He plays wing now. Cirelli is their 2c. He's a good player, but he is not in a different quality tier from Coyle.
Stamkos took the 2nd most faceoffs per game for the Lightning last season and was 3rd in their 1st game this season. Once the play is underway he might not do center-guy things, but he starts a lot of plays as a center

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Must I remind people that Vegas has Stephenson as their 1C?! It’s mind blowing how many whiners are here going on about Coyle being our 2C when Vegas has a legitimate 3rd line player on their top line. I know it’s to balance out their roster but they don’t have anybody high end down the middle yet they’ve still managed to consistently have playoff success. The Center position isn’t as big of a problem as some people are letting on. Let’s wait and see what happens first.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Stamkos took the 2nd most faceoffs per game for the Lightning last season and was 3rd in their 1st game this season. Once the play is underway he might not do center-guy things, but he starts a lot of plays as a center

So does that make him a center or a wing that takes faceoffs? I just don't think it is a fair comparison to the Bruins to call Stamkos their 2C when he really isn't.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Imo the Bruins may end up needing a guy like Hertl.... to be the 2c/ultimately take over the 1c

Defensively don't think you need both Grz and Reilly on the left side. So need to replace with a stud LD eventually

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad