Player Discussion Cam Hughes

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lindholm has been more than fine in his role. How is he a "swing and a miss"? I don't see why Boston would pick up another 4th liner for depth when they have Kuraly, Wagner, Nordstrom, Lindholm, Ritchie and Backes here already. They have guys in Providence that could fill the role in as well.

Congrats to Hughes on the recall. Look forward to seeing him.

We have 3 good ones who will miss a good amount of time between the three of them.

Lindholm- not good feel free to disagree. Not physical no jam. Signing didn't hurt us and he has experience but hes can skate with kids in Prov. I guess hes insurance at C if they don't want to use a kid or promote Kuraly should one of the top 3 go down.
Ritchie- Not that physical despite the size. Don't love him on the 4th. Top 9 or press box IMO.
Backes- Picked up another concussion if you didn't hear I'm just gonna say no comment.

This should be Brendan Gaunce's shot but he got seriously gooned. IDK if hes back playing for Providence yet or what the timeline is but I wouldn't 'rush' to give him his chance on the big club. Shame hes the interesting one from what Nucks fans had to say.

My guess is a 4th liner gets added before Christmas (and people complain its not Taylor Hall.)

member 96824

When Bruins fans say “I remember watching Cam” the only correct reply will be “which one?”

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Lets see what he brings to the mix. Lindholm is a swing and a miss and Kuraly/Wags/Nordy are all going to miss time this year most likely given the way they play. Gaunce would have gotten a look by now if he didn't get gooned. We'll probably be picking up a plug at some point for 4th line depth so I'm glad we are taking a look at Hughes first.

What is it about Lindholm that sets you off? The
guy is a competent defensive player who IMO
has decent hockey IQ and works hard. Certainly
not a guy worth bitching about.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I'm curious to see what Hughes can do on the fourth line. He looks pretty good whenever I catch a Providence game, figured they would give him a look before too long. Definitely seems like a Cassidy type of player. I could see him earning a regular spot on that line next year next year if his AHL game can translate to this level.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What is it about Lindholm that sets you off? The
guy is a competent defensive player who IMO
has decent hockey IQ and works hard. Certainly
not a guy worth *****ing about.

OK. Thats about it. Prefer someone I notice more. I like 4 energy guys on my fourth line.

BruinsNetwork

Kid played a solid and responsible game against a fast team. Loved the effort in the final 3:00 minutes of the game where he tried to dance his way towards the net. Hope he continues to build off that and tries to stay creative.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Smart player. Looks like he's not afraid of contact. Skating was fine.

Looked small out there. I don't think he played bad but he didn't stand out to me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's one game, but he looked like a AAAA player to me. I'm sure he'll have a nice career in the Swiss League when it's all said and done.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh:

Perfect HF board prospect analysis post. Like a three act play in two sentences.

Another one on my ignore list.

You two need to relax. Not every post needs to be paragraphs of analysis. It's just an off-handed comment on a message board. Chill.

Although I will say this about being over in the Senyshyn thread awhile. Folks around here are getting too uber-sensitive when it comes to criticizing prospects, and those who like them seem to vehemently defend them and their viewpoint.

I've seen all of about 5 shifts of Cam Hughes. I really didn't see anything about him that screamed "wow, the Bruins have a find here". My first impression were he's pretty similar to hundreds of Bruins forwards we've seen over the years get a handful of games and that's about it. It's a pretty darn small sample size, he might play tonight and I'll completely change my tune and say "wow, they have something here". The key is being about to change your viewpoint and be objective which I am. For now, I don't see much there, a pretty vanilla player overall. We'll see how it goes. Unlike some, I have no desire to see Hughes fail just so I can say "look I was right".

Reactions: Fair Warning

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
You two need to relax. Not every post needs to be paragraphs of analysis. It's just an off-handed comment on a message board. Chill.

Although I will say this about being over in the Senyshyn thread awhile. Folks around here are getting too uber-sensitive when it comes to criticizing prospects, and those who like them seem to vehemently defend them and their viewpoint.

I've seen all of about 5 shifts of Cam Hughes. I really didn't see anything about him that screamed "wow, the Bruins have a find here". My first impression were he's pretty similar to hundreds of Bruins forwards we've seen over the years get a handful of games and that's about it. It's a pretty darn small sample size, he might play tonight and I'll completely change my tune and say "wow, they have something here". The key is being about to change your viewpoint and be objective which I am. For now, I don't see much there, a pretty vanilla player overall. We'll see how it goes. Unlike some, I have no desire to see Hughes fail just so I can say "look I was right".
I think the bolded is the issue they have with your prior comment. You saw him play for less than 10 minutes and already saying he will play in the swiss league. I think we as a whole need to give players a little more of a chance to show what they can do then 10 minutes.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I think the bolded is the issue they have with your prior comment. You saw him play for less than 10 minutes and already saying he will play in the swiss league. I think we as a whole need to give players a little more of a chance to show what they can do then 10 minutes.
So how many minutes does he have to play for the thread to be reopened for people to praise or criticize what they have seen?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Which is exactly my point. One off-handed joking comment and other posters are all up in arms hitting their ignore button and making somewhat insulting comments towards another poster for a wise-crack about a Bruins prospect. Folks here need to *&%^&* chill. You'd think based on the reaction I said something about Cam Hughes's family or something.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
So how many minutes does he have to play for the thread to be reopened for people to praise or criticize what they have seen?
I think it should be allowed but as I said saying he will probably play in the Swiss league is where I start bringing it up. One game shouldn't decide his career.
Which is exactly my point. One off-handed joking comment and other posters are all up in arms hitting their ignore button and making somewhat insulting comments towards another poster for a wise-crack about a Bruins prospect. Folks here need to *&%^&* chill. You'd think based on the reaction I said something about Cam Hughes's family or something.
That's the joy of the internet. You can't really tell if someone is joking or not unless you personally know them.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad