Player Discussion Cam Hughes

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
congrats to cam (no relation to jack :sarcasm:). assume they wanted a PK option and left shot
with wagner moving to the more comfortable right side. look forward to seeing him play.

@Saxon Eric sees him every night so he can confirm hughes' stellarness

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
congrats to cam (no relation to jack :sarcasm:). assume they wanted a PK option and left shot
with wagner moving to the more comfortable right side. look forward to seeing him play.

@Saxon Eric sees him every night so he can confirm hughes' stellarness
Solid 2 way player,+ hockey IQ
See's the ice well,elusive but not a burner
Better than average hands,however I like him more at Center than wing...
His cap hit is slightly more than Cehlarik but under Senyshyn's
I've never seen him take a night off

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Excited for him.

Everything I've read on him here and in the Twittersphere makes me think the Bs might have something here. And it sounds like he's earned this after a tough start to the season taking a puck to the face in the Prospects challenge.

Good luck Cam!

member 96824

!!!!!!

I almost bumped his ELC thread this morning saying that I hope he gets the shot. Last group of cuts at camp, stirring the drink down in Providence...I think he's got something. Excited to see him at the NHL level.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I like Hughes - this is a great day in his life let’s hope it’s a win and a goal

Who is he comparable to?

Having never seen him play, I like it when someone gives me another player for reference.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
I'm excited to see what this kid can do. I remember he scored a sweet between the legs goal at Wisconsin a few years ago.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Don't know much about Cam, but I feel like I hear/see his name a lot in Providence updates. Lets see what you got kid.

BruinsNetwork

Who is he comparable to?

Having never seen him play, I like it when someone gives me another player for reference.

He reminds me of JG Pageau in the sense that he's a bit undersized but works really hard and in quite tenacious out there. He's more of a playmaker than a north-to-south player and definitely has the skating to be an east-to-west kind of guy in the NHL. Really like Hughes and think if he physically matured earlier, then he'd already be in the NHL. There's something to be said for skilled, relentless under-sized guys who can play in virtually any role or line.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He reminds me of JG Pageau in the sense that he's a bit undersized but works really hard and in quite tenacious out there. He's more of a playmaker than a north-to-south player and definitely has the skating to be an east-to-west kind of guy in the NHL. Really like Hughes and think if he physically matured earlier, then he'd already be in the NHL. There's something to be said for skilled, relentless under-sized guys who can play in virtually any role or line.

So like a more skilled Chris Kelly?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks. I like hearing words like "tenacious and relentless".

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lets see what he brings to the mix. Lindholm is a swing and a miss and Kuraly/Wags/Nordy are all going to miss time this year most likely given the way they play. Gaunce would have gotten a look by now if he didn't get gooned. We'll probably be picking up a plug at some point for 4th line depth so I'm glad we are taking a look at Hughes first.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lets see what he brings to the mix. Lindholm is a swing and a miss and Kuraly/Wags/Nordy are all going to miss time this year most likely given the way they play. Gaunce would have gotten a look by now if he didn't get gooned. We'll probably be picking up a plug at some point for 4th line depth so I'm glad we are taking a look at Hughes first.

Lindholm has been more than fine in his role. How is he a "swing and a miss"? I don't see why Boston would pick up another 4th liner for depth when they have Kuraly, Wagner, Nordstrom, Lindholm, Ritchie and Backes here already. They have guys in Providence that could fill the role in as well.

Congrats to Hughes on the recall. Look forward to seeing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad