Waived: Cam Barker

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Should the Flames pick him up from Vancouver?

Hasn't seen a lot of success on other teams, but we're not exactly rich with D-men.

He's a big boy (maybe a bit too big @ 220lbs) and why not take a chance he can turn around?

Capgeek lists this year's salary at $700,000 then he's a UFA. Could be a low risk - decent reward play for a player drafted 3rd overall if we can resign him for a couple years at a similr price.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Absolutely not. Awful player.

Kinda what this team is needing for the rest of the year, no?

I'm thinking more long term if we can get him to shed a few pounds, gain some foot speed back, he might be a surprise comeback player, and if not - he's costing us less than a $mil

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Kinda what this team is needing for the rest of the year, no?

I'm thinking more long term if we can get him to shed a few pounds, gain some foot speed back, he might be a surprise comeback player, and if not - he's costing us less than a $mil

We are no looking to shed contracts I doubt we take his on.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Why the hell not? Bouw's gone, we need someone to fill in, and I really don't see any of the young guys being ready.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Opened this thread to voice my opinion but it looks like thats already been covered...

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
images

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Absolutely not. Barker had one good season (2008-09) and he has had too many injuries and been too ineffective to warrant an NHL roster spot. My guess is that he is in Europe next season. Fill the spot with someone from Abbotsford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad