WJC: Calvin Thürkauf Suspended 1 game for slewfoot on Rasmus Dahlin

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Thürkauf got suspended for a slewfoot on Swedens Rasmus Dahlin after the second period was over. Penalty was not called on the play but Thurkauf now misses the important game against Denmark.

Fun fact: Thurkauf also got suspended after a hit on Swedens Adrian Kempe in last year WJC. Then also missed the Denmark game. History repeats itself.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Was ugly. Surprised there was no reaction. Could've resulted in a serious injury.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought it was a dirty play.. Who was that guy in the game thread complaining about Dahlin holding him at the end of the period.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Thürkauf got suspended for a slewfoot on Swedens Rasmus Dahlin after the second period was over. Penalty was not called on the play but Thurkauf now misses the important game against Denmark.

Fun fact: Thurkauf also got suspended after a hit on Swedens Adrian Kempe in last year WJC. Then also missed the Denmark game. History repeats itself.

I read a qoute from that guy, in a swedish tabloid, when asked about that sitauation. 'The Swedes doesnt like physical play'.

Maybe Thurkauf beeing the Captain (I think he is the captain) and all, should've learned to choose his battles. Switzerlands games against Sweden almost always ends up in a loss no matter what. Now against the Danes they have a better chance to win points and now he is not on the ice against them for the second tournament in a row.

That said he probably want to showcase himself for the NHL more badly than to be useful for his country.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Whaat!? All I read was how bad he flopped :laugh:

I agree with the other thing that poster said though. There was no real reason for Dahlin to be pinning him to the boards for an extended period of time after the period ended. Was definitely not a dive but it would have been pretty dumb to call the slew foot and nothing on Dahlin.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I agree with the other thing that poster said though. There was no real reason for Dahlin to be pinning him to the boards for an extended period of time after the period ended. Was definitely not a dive but it would have been pretty dumb to call the slew foot and nothing on Dahlin.

I don't know, it's not to unusual to see stuff like that after the whistle to **** the opponent off a bit, not in Sweden anyway. Can expect some shoving and pushing back but it doesn't call for a slew foot imo

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch

It was exactly that !! the period was over beyond 4 or 5 seconds and Dahlin was keeping him against the board with energy !
This is ridiculous ! Dahlin deserved it ... and if punishment ... Dahlin should have the instigation.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden

Can't find a video of it but didn't Thurkauf start it by running into Dahlin (not a hit, just rubbing shoulders). Dahlin just continued what Thurkauf started and pinned him against the boards a bit.

Dahlin just showed he wasn't going to be intimidated by Thurkauf.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Players do like that all the time, they were likely talking some harsh words towards each other. Thurkauf lost it and went over the line. There are other ways to get him off him.

Totally deserved suspension, stupid move.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Players do like that all the time, they were likely talking some harsh words towards each other. Thurkauf lost it and went over the line. There are other ways to get him off him.

Totally deserved suspension, stupid move.

Didn't say the suspension wasn't deserved, it obviously is, and it obviously should have been a penalty on the play as well, I was surprised it wasn't at the time. Just saying it was Dahlin pinning him to the boards for 4 or 5 seconds after the period was over that lead to it. That doesn't excuse the stupid decision from Thurkauf to slew foot him, just saying that I think if they decided to give him a penalty on the play then Dahlin should have gotten one as well.

But you often see just the retaliation called(which is why I figured he would get one), and I don't really agree with that.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
It was exactly that !! the period was over beyond 4 or 5 seconds and Dahlin was keeping him against the board with energy !
This is ridiculous ! Dahlin deserved it ... and if punishment ... Dahlin should have the instigation.

Are you serious?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Didn't say the suspension wasn't deserved, it obviously is, and it obviously should have been a penalty on the play as well, I was surprised it wasn't at the time. Just saying it was Dahlin pinning him to the boards for 4 or 5 seconds after the period was over that lead to it. That doesn't excuse the stupid decision from Thurkauf to slew foot him, just saying that I think if they decided to give him a penalty on the play then Dahlin should have gotten one as well.

But you often see just the retaliation called(which is why I figured he would get one), and I don't really agree with that.

Penalty for interference after the whistle? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad