Post-Game Talk: Calvin Pick0rd

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1679365067137147.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers playing mature, low event hockey. Love it.

Knob has been a revelation.
Yep. GDT as usual fans were being far too critical of the team. This is a clinical effort by the Oilers tonight throwing a blanket on everything. Our star players who were heavily critqued in GDT all end up being part of all the goals and all with 3 pts. Even Lazy German who was making beautiful plays all night.

I think the win streak is causing people weirdly to be increasingly critical. Just enjoy the ride. This stuff is great and the best 200ft play since Tippett. Even our superstars buying in with backchecks every time.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Good habits form in tight, competed games versus blow out. Oil got a handful from a poor team with a solid goaltender. Pickard penalty shot save was massive in a tight one goal game. Oil skill finally pull away in the third. Playing in and shutting down tight games is a vital skill, mental attitude and team structure and commitment. That's the big picture on Win 15.
I liked how they are limiting things early on defensively but they do need to pick that part of their game up. Someone with more skill can bury them if that’s how they start the first as they have to put some pressure on the other team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Flames getting booed off home ice losing to the worst team in the league is just added bonus tonight. not even copium there any more. Theres no Crack left to smoke in Calgary. Just stone cold reality.

Flames fans booing Gaudreau, their home team, the Saddledome, and Harvey the hound tonight. f***ing lazy ass hound. Doesn't do anything.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yep. GDT as usual fans were being far too critical of the team. This is a clinical effort by the Oilers tonight throwing a blanket on everything. Our star players who were heavily critqued in GDT all end up being part of all the goals and all with 3 pts. Even Lazy German who was making beautiful plays all night.

I think the win streak is causing people weirdly to be increasingly critical. Just enjoy the ride. This stuff is great and the best 200ft play since Tippett. Even our superstars buying in with backchecks every time.
One thing ive noticed this year, is McDavid and Draisaitl are more focused on cycling the puck rather than just trading rush chances with the opposition.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s way past my bedtime but tonight I sleep the sleep of the just. Hawks worked them for it.
Both teams can come away happy with this one. Nicely played game, respect on both sides for the efforts. Amazing how games can be not chippy, still good, and both teams playing honest hockey trying to play the right way. With Luke Richardson, Bedard and crew coming up hawks probably have a future. What a hard working crew.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Strong game by Pickard. 2 shots against in the last 10 minutes again.

15 straight baby!
This team has been so good at shutting things down in the last 10 minutes. That's going to bode well for this team if they can keep that up. I don't remember us being this good defensively in the McDavid era, and come the playoffs (assuming we make them), these are great habits to have picked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad