Calm down, Oilers fans

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
No, I don't want to wait for the artist to be ready to paint when he's ready to do so. I've been waiting. I want to see him sit down and start to paint. Paint now. Tired of waiting.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Expecting different results with the same core of guys is crazy. Every year the same story, something is not working and changes need to be made.
Perhaps too many changes is part of the problem. The team has had 6 coaches in 6 years and half the team is turned over each season. Don't you think that might be part of the problem. It takes at lease 30-35 games to learn a new system and the team can't learn a new system each year and expect to get better.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Nope. Not calming down. This thread made me more angry! Rawrrrr!

Other than Hall, the others can go and Oil fans would be fine. The team has McDavid and Drais at center and Ebs is a dime a dozen forward. Clearly it's time to make some moves. Probably won't happen until the second half of the year though or the off season. To put it another way -- The roster will look different again next season.
Trading Hall or RNH will fill one hole and create an even bigger hole that was once a strength.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hey, I participate! I also have a life though, so I don't ALWAYS participate.

I resent the accusation.

I've never seen you post on the Oiler board in my entire HF life. Maybe I missed it, but I have no idea who you are. Other than you like to stomp on stoms, or your name is stoms, and you like to stomp, or your name is stompins, and you own two toms and hate apostrophes.

I don't like being told to calm down by the regulars, I sure as **** don't like being told to calm down by someone who just wants my clicks.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm calm about it, even sedate about it really. I don't even really even care when they lose anymore. Looking forward to having McDavid back.

Just disappointed at this point. I do think they'll be better in the second half of the season, but nothing on the ice (not talking freaking draft lottery luck) really has gone right for us in like 10 years aside from maybe that short little run at the end of the 2008 season where they almost made the playoffs.

I do think they are better, but the bottom line is playoffs are a pipe dream by US Thanksgiving yet again and even if it can be rationalized a million different ways the bottom line is this ... it still feels like ****.

It's not that I expected playoffs or anything, it's just you know you wait all summer and get all excited for a new season, and it's the same thing like 8 weeks into the season again. It would be nice to not be in the bottom 3 of the league come November for a change.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I'd calm down on e half of this roster is changed. PC has a tin of work to do. Way too much useless soft junk on this team. Need "heavy" players. A good mix of them. These guys can't be bothered to lean on the body or work hard much. Not every guy, but most.

torcidasplit

Nov 18, 2008
Edmonton
Perhaps too many changes is part of the problem. The team has had 6 coaches in 6 years and half the team is turned over each season. Don't you think that might be part of the problem. It takes at lease 30-35 games to learn a new system and the team can't learn a new system each year and expect to get better.

Yes lot of changes have been made, but every year bottom of the league. If these guys were so good it shouldn't matter that much about changes. The core has been the same. Not saying playoffs but improvement in the standing.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hey, I participate! I also have a life though, so I don't ALWAYS participate.

I resent the accusation.

You start off by telling us to calm down, then proceed to insult those that don't have a positive reaction to your click-bait threads? I find it incredibly condescending for you to come to a board you almost never participate in, and flame regulars who aren't in love with your thread.

I resent the insult to anyone who posts often on these boards.

Haha. No! I was implying that other guy didn't! I respect you as my colleague.

Why? What's the difference? CO posts here all the time, why isn't he devoid of a life? Just us non-partners?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad