Calling Washington...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
That's your home! Go to your home!! What, are you too good for your home?!?

Actually, I just want you to respond to my e-mail of several days ago, but I figure you're on holidays (because you'd never ignore a HFNHL-related email, right? :) ).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
he just called me...ha ha

What did he call you? <Badda-bam!>

Seriously, tell the slacker to decide - he's been hanging on by a slender thread for some time now, and it may just be time for him to gracefully retire. If not, then he needs to show he can be more active, more often. 'Nuff said.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
What did he call you? <Badda-bam!>

Seriously, tell the slacker to decide - he's been hanging on by a slender thread for some time now, and it may just be time for him to gracefully retire. If not, then he needs to show he can be more active, more often. 'Nuff said.

I'm just checking now. The reality of the situation for anyone who cares is that in addition to my job, I also now sit on the BOD of two other companies. This means that everything seems to go haywire on a quarterly basis and I temporarily go nuts. The last BOD meeting was last night, hence I'm back on the boards and checking emails.

I have been active in the trade market, dealing with endorsements, at the drafts, releasing prospects, and most recently in the UFA market (although I did lose out on my FWDs). While never one to post many messages, I have been committed to the league.

Now that being said, I have never been one to take kindly to threats so while I am still committed to the league, do what you feel necessary.

And Douglas, you can kiss my a$$.

Nuff Said

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Nuff Said

Did you guys use to collect Marvel Comics? Cause Marvel Comics is a Marvel Trademark.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm just checking now. The reality of the situation for anyone who cares is that in addition to my job, I also now sit on the BOD of two other companies. This means that everything seems to go haywire on a quarterly basis and I temporarily go nuts. The last BOD meeting was last night, hence I'm back on the boards and checking emails.

I have been active in the trade market, dealing with endorsements, at the drafts, releasing prospects, and most recently in the UFA market (although I did lose out on my FWDs). While never one to post many messages, I have been committed to the league.

Now that being said, I have never been one to take kindly to threats so while I am still committed to the league, do what you feel necessary.

And Douglas, you can kiss my a$$.

Nuff Said

I much prefer to take your money at poker, mon ami, but thanks for the invitation... :p:

It certainly can be difficult with everything else going on in life. On the one hand, I'm very glad for you that things are going so well (at least, with all that going on, one hopes it's proving lucrative for you), but without question it can cause difficulties when you're going to be out of touch on a semi-regular basis. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one who is being pulled in several different directions these days...

It's not a threat, it's a request, (albeit a sternly worded one) - and it applies to all GMs, not just you. You are in the best position to determine whether you are able to meet the participation requirements of the league - of which responding to communication from the league and other GMs is one of the most important. There are a few things you can do to help minimize the issue:

1) when you're heading into a busy stretch, you can post to the board so people know not to expect to hear back from you for a period of time;
2) If you know in advance that it's going to be a problem on more than just an occassional basis, you can deputize an AGM to help keep things going when you're otherwise occupied, or
3) you can gracefully bow out.

Sorry to have picked on you in this case, but the admin team ends up taking the flack when GMs go AWOL for periods of time. You happened to be the one in this case, but there are certainly others. I encourage you (and them) to think about the above and see whether any of these solutions would work for you.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
I much prefer to take your money at poker, mon ami, but thanks for the invitation... :p:

It certainly can be difficult with everything else going on in life. On the one hand, I'm very glad for you that things are going so well (at least, with all that going on, one hopes it's proving lucrative for you), but without question it can cause difficulties when you're going to be out of touch on a semi-regular basis. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one who is being pulled in several different directions these days...

It's not a threat, it's a request, (albeit a sternly worded one) - and it applies to all GMs, not just you. You are in the best position to determine whether you are able to meet the participation requirements of the league - of which responding to communication from the league and other GMs is one of the most important. There are a few things you can do to help minimize the issue:

1) when you're heading into a busy stretch, you can post to the board so people know not to expect to hear back from you for a period of time;
2) If you know in advance that it's going to be a problem on more than just an occassional basis, you can deputize an AGM to help keep things going when you're otherwise occupied, or
3) you can gracefully bow out.

Sorry to have picked on you in this case, but the admin team ends up taking the flack when GMs go AWOL for periods of time. You happened to be the one in this case, but there are certainly others. I encourage you (and them) to think about the above and see whether any of these solutions would work for you.

Funny...I don't remember you taking money home the last time we played :)

No worries...Your point on informing the league of any extended absences is duly noted.

Just a friendly piece of advice, I'd also refrain from the sternly worded emails as they can be misconstrued and last I checked, no one's father was in the league.

And for the record, no to the trade proposal (what am I, new?) ;) but I am in dire straits for 2 good centres.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Funny...I don't remember you taking money home the last time we played :)

No worries...Your point on informing the league of any extended absences is duly noted.

Just a friendly piece of advice, I'd also refrain from the sternly worded emails as they can be misconstrued and last I checked, no one's father was in the league.

And for the record, no to the trade proposal (what am I, new?) ;) but I am in dire straits for 2 good centres.

Fair enough, indeed. I imagine I was just feeling a bit cranky. Again, my apologies.

If you have another suggestion on the trade front, I'd be happy to consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad