Calling ALL United State Hockey Fans with Center Ice (and Everyone else for help!)

SaveHextall

Nov 21, 2006
Westchester, NY
We really need to find a way to get more people involved in this. i'm not sure how many are awre of it or even care, but our hockey brethren should want to help us out with this.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I sent an email a few weeks ago; like Drake noted, CI has shown some of the games with little advance warning in past years; hopefully, they show them this year; it would be nice to know.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I looked at Center Ice Extra(channel 540 on Dish Network) yesterday and it said it would be showing the world junior tourney

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I looked at Center Ice Extra(channel 540 on Dish Network) yesterday and it said it would be showing the world junior tourney

I have Comcast cable CI and I noticed the same message last night when I was checking the scores; I imagine it will be like in past years and only be the USA games; I will hope for more, but I am happy they at least plan to show some of the games; I have not found any schedule information as of right now.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well, it looks our e-mails turned out to be a SUCEESS at least for the USA games!

Some games are already being listed on Direct TV (which will definitely be listed for all sat/cable providers with center ice!)

At first center ice told us that they would not be carrying the WJCS (for those who called them up) but like last year it has been a late year ADD!

THANK YOU ALL FOR SENDING IN YOUR MESSAGES TO CENTER ICE!

FROM USAHOCKEY.COM

Dec. 22, 2006

NHL Center Ice To Carry Most U.S. Games In 2007 World Junior Championship; usahockey.com to Audiocast all Team USA Games

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- NHL Center Ice will provide live television coverage of most U.S. games in the upcoming International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship it was announced today by USA Hockey.

Three of Team USA’s four preliminary-round games will be carried. The first broadcast is set for Tuesday, Dec. 26, when the U.S. begins play in the event against Germany. Opening faceoff is set for 9 a.m. (EST) from Leksand, Sweden. NHL Center Ice will also carry Team USA’s tilt with Canada on Dec. 27 at 1:30 p.m. and its match-up against Slovakia on Dec. 30 at 11 a.m. The lone preliminary-round game not televised will be the USA-Sweden contest on Dec. 31.

In addition, NHL Center Ice will televise a potential U.S. quarterfinal game on Jan. 2 at 1:30 p.m. (no television if USA plays quarterfinal game as third seed in A pool) and any appearance by Team USA in a semifinal or medal game.

All game feeds on NHL Center Ice are provided by TSN with Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire calling the action.

USAHockey.com will provide live audiocasts of all Team USA games in the 2007 World Junior Hockey Championship with Jim Rich and Jeff Sauer calling the games.

NOTES: All game times are subject to change … Audiocasts will be archived following each game.

2007 IIHF World Junior Championship Schedule
Dec. 26-Jan. 5 • Leksand and Mora, Sweden

DATE OPPONENT VENUE TIME (Local/EST)

Dec. 20 CZE (ex.) Contigahallen Arena W, 6-3
Dec. 22 SUI (ex.) Contigahallen Arena W, 5-3
Dec. 26 GER Ejendals Arena 3:00 p.m./9:00 a.m.
TV-NHL Center Ice; Audiocast-usahockey.com
Dec. 27 CAN FM Mattsson Arena 7:30 p.m./1:30 p.m.
Dec. 30 SVK Ejendals Arena 5:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
Dec. 31 SWE Ejendals Arena 5:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.

TV-None; Audiocast-usahockey.com
Jan. 2 Q'finals Ejendals/FM Mattsson TBD
TV-NHL Center Ice (if USA is A2); Audiocast-usahockey.com
Jan. 3 S'finals Ejendals/FM Mattsson TBD

Jan. 5 Medals Ejendals Arena TBD

Venue Locations: Contigahallen Arena (Norrtalje, Sweden), Ejendals Arena (Leksand, Sweden); FM Mattsson Arena (Mora, Sweden).

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Guess we should thank CI and ask for additional non-USA games next season.
Meanwhile good to be able to watch the ones being televised this year!

Thanks everybody who e-mailed in. :clap: :clap:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Dish Network Ch. 541- USA vs Germany Tuesday at 9 am

At least that's what it says on my schedule

bayrider

Jun 4, 2006
Montreal
3 of 4 USA games, meanwhile TSN, a Canadian channel, will televise all the games? Garbage.

I'm interested in watching the other teams too.. not just the US.

Did someone say Center-Ice is going to show all the games next year?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
3 of 4 USA games, meanwhile TSN, a Canadian channel, will televise all the games? Garbage.

I'm interested in watching the other teams too.. not just the US.

Did someone say Center-Ice is going to show all the games next year?

No.

But sometimes when they air the US broadcast they end up leaving it on and not cutting away, when they do that we get to watch the game after (usually Canada is playing in it).

CH Wizard

Dish Network Ch. 541- USA vs Germany Tuesday at 9 am

At least that's what it says on my schedule

Thx for the heads up...I've fresh 900 channels from dish and etc..with direct tv and I haven't tsn as of yet (because I'm trying to get the signal better).

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I've read through this entire thread and from what I've gathered, if the US were to meet Canada in the semi finals, the game would be on Centre Ice? I'm currently vacationing in the United States and would like to know if I'll be able to watch that game and/or the gold medal game if Canada's involved in it. Can anyone confirm this:dunno:

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
The only way you will see any of it is if the US is involved. If the US plays Canada it should be on, as the 1st meeting was on (taken from TSN)...If the US makes the gold medal it will probably be on as well.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
I've read through this entire thread and from what I've gathered, if the US were to meet Canada in the semi finals, the game would be on Centre Ice? I'm currently vacationing in the United States and would like to know if I'll be able to watch that game and/or the gold medal game if Canada's involved in it. Can anyone confirm this:dunno:

What state are you in? If you are in the south, good luck either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad