Calle Jarnkrok most underrated Leaf?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I find he’s been a lot more tenacious and playing with bite lately. Not quite as polished in terms of practice skills Kerfoot was but seems like more of a handful and very heads up. Good to see that.

Reactions: horner and arso40

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I find he’s been a lot more tenacious and playing with bite lately. Not quite as polished in terms of practice skills Kerfoot was but seems like more of a handful and very heads up. Good to see that.

I saw that last season and thought he'd be one of those playoff guys, but when the time came, he was fairly invisible.

I like his game for the 3rd (sometimes 2nd) line though, hopefully this post season he can continue to do it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I saw that last season and thought he'd be one of those playoff guys, but when the time came, he was fairly invisible.

I like his game for the 3rd (sometimes 2nd) line though, hopefully this post season he can continue to do it.

He’s normally vanilla good. But when he’s able to bring a bit more spice it elevates it to a new level.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Best bang for buck UFA signing by Dubas Id imagine.

Deal is going to be pretty even better when the cap goes up next year.. so long as he keeps the pace with how he's played.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He's been good wherever he plays in the lineup.

As to 'most underrated', probably, although reading some posts here you might think it was Nylander.

Reactions: hotpaws and arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

Just seems like he feels like he’s a member of the team got more comfortable has a bit of a smirk on his face pissing guys off here and there

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Fishing for compliments for a special someone ?
I don't know if there is any back story where the OP has a history of fishing for Dubas compliments...but Jarnkrok deserves this thread, what he brings vs what he costs is exactly what we need.

We should be able to talk about players and prospects that are performing or underperforming without it being a KD discussion.

Reactions: Da Mash

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Järnkrok currently is +11, next Leafs are Brodie at +8 and Bert at +7
I was one of the guys saying trade him at the start of the year so we could keep Timmins and stay under the cap. Glad that never came to pass. Seems like we have the best 3rd line in quite some time with him, Domi and Robertson.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Said this in the Rangers PGT.

Jarnkrok has been great. He's a very vanilla player and let's face it, this fanbase likes their Rocky Road/Moose Tracks/Pralines and Cream type players. But for his salary, he provides a well-rounded game and is currently on pace for 50 points. Solid.

Bourbon Butter Pecan is worth the trip alone, but what type of player would that describe?

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I wouldn't exactly say underrated. Maybe unheralded? He's living up to expectations and is a very versatile guy, but still a third liner. Maybe it's that leafs nation hasn't really seen a guy give contract effort night in and night out, so it's weird when we see consistent play.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad