Value of: Callahan + Koekkoek to Habs

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
With Bergevin reportedly seeking a deal in which he takes on another team's cap and a relatively youthful asset, what would it take for this to work out? Rationale for Tampa is that it frees them up to become a buyer at the deadline before a cup run. Callahan would have to waive, and carries a cap hit of 5.8 million this year and next, and a modified no trade clause where he can submit 16 teams to be traded to.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Koekkoek is trash. No way we help out TBL essential for free while handicapping us moving forward. lmao what is this?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Honestly, if you were taking it in full, it would be at the end of the season. And we wouldn't want much. Also don't think he would have Montreal on his list.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
its a big yes from Tampa
giphy.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
One would think that taking Callahan's contract is worth substantially more than just Koekkoek but what do I know...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Koekkoek's that bad huh? Queue the HF storm I guess... Make some alternative proposals maybe instead?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I dunno. Callahan’s still a serviceable forward, and he’s only signed for another year. And koekkoek would definitely make the habs left side defense. I think the value is fair.

But I don’t want to do it. We have a great team and I like our depth. I’d have to see what’s available at the deadline I suppose.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I dunno. Callahan’s still a serviceable forward, and he’s only signed for another year. And koekkoek would definitely make the habs left side defense. I think the value is fair.

But I don’t want to do it. We have a great team and I like our depth. I’d have to see what’s available at the deadline I suppose.

Koekkoek wouldn't be better then what Habs have at LHD ATM... That's saying how much Koekkoek is trash as of now

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Neutral fan here.

Come and take out the rotting old soft maple in my back yard, and I'll give you the hosta plant by my back porch as compensation for taking it.

Answer would be the same; "go pound salt."

Reactions: probablywrongbut

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Callahan won’t have Montreal on his trade list so there’s no point even considering the idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad