Recalled/Assigned: Call ups for the Playoffs

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
CurtisPashelka 11:05am via Web

#SJSharks' @Tenner_7 out at practice today. Hannan, I assume,still a big question mark for game 1 vs. #LAKings

The Sharks also like even # of D for pairings at practice.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
No confirmation (so no new thread) but I think Nieto is also either back or will be back shortly.

And confirmation:
Kevin Kurz @KKurzCSN
Second line is Couture and Marleau with Havlat/Nieto on the other wing. Third line Sheppard, Hertl, Wingels. Torres on 4th line #SJSharks

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
SanJoseSharks 11:26am via TweetDeck
#SJSharks recall defenseman @Tenner_7 from the @WorcesterSharks.

Still nothing official for Nieto.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Hannan a question mark for game 1 but that plug Bordeleau didn't even get an eye batted at him by the league. What a joke.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
no confirmation (so no new thread) but i think nieto is also either back or will be back shortly.

And confirmation:
Kevin kurz @kkurzcsn
second line is couture and marleau with havlat/nieto on the other wing. third line sheppard, hertl, wingels. torres on 4th line #sjsharks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
i don't care who is on what line. just make it work and win the series!

JUST WIN THE GAME!

XzwdZm6.png

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Was hoping Grosenick would get a call up too... But I guess he is just a pro rookie.

I expect Doherty, Hamilton, McCarthy, etc. I hope Konrad gets a call but since he can't practice, I dunno if it would help.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Hamilton, Hayes, Oleksuk, Pelech, DeMelo, Doherty, Mueller and Grosenick are also all on the 'black ace' call up list.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Interesting no McCarthy. In a good way. :laugh:

Oleksuk is the most interesting name.

McCarthy is hurt.

Oleksuk has been outstanding for the past 3 months. He & Hamilton have been the best forwards by a fairly large margin.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
McCarthy is hurt.

Oleksuk has been outstanding for the past 3 months. He & Hamilton have been the best forwards by a fairly large margin.

Oh, okay, makes sense.

And yeah I know that about Oleksuk, but it's interesting to know that SJ thinks it's valuable that he come up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Oh, okay, makes sense.

And yeah I know that about Oleksuk, but it's interesting to know that SJ thinks it's valuable that he come up.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Oleksuk is included. Tarasov not being brought up is interesting though, I don't think the org is very happy with him which is really too bad.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Are they all actually in San Jose or are they just on the call up list? Seems like it'd be good to have them experience the environment and some NHL practices.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Are they all actually in San Jose or are they just on the call up list? Seems like it'd be good to have them experience the environment and some NHL practices.

They'll be with the team in SJ.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It doesn't surprise me at all that Oleksuk is included. Tarasov not being brought up is interesting though, I don't think the org is very happy with him which is really too bad.

Oh really? I admit that I assumed Tarasov was injured, although now that I think about it I watched him play two games this week. What a bummer.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

Yeah I think that's the point. Not that they will be seeing any game time, but just to be around the club and get some practice in.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Tarasov has a back issue, not sure that's the reason he wasn't recalled though.

Abeltshauser had surgery and is on crutches...won't be available any time soon. Had he been healthy he wouldn't have been in SJ long as he was going to play for Germany in the World Championships

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WRT depth call ups and black aces....

The Sharks will travel with at least 3 goalies, 8 defensemen and 15 forwards.

They are nominally HQ'd in SJ for the duration. If the team wants/expects their services will be required, they'll travel with the team on the road games. (But with LA an hour away by air, I'll expect them to stay in SJ.)

Except for the extra depth guys, the rest will be practicing (daily) in SJ (usually not with main team guys, but immediately after or "instead" when optional practice happens). They'll have a chance to attend playoff games (in the Tank).

Especially for Mueller, it's a chance to see the atmosphere and practice habits/hard work the NHL players put in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad