Pre-Game Talk: Call up Bracco

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
While Bracco is nowhere near the player Marner is especially on the defensive side of the game it would be nice to see what this kid can do with the big club. He would be great on the PP with his vision and I think has earned an opportunity.

Petan and company has had the opportunity, does anybody know if Bracco has to pass through waivers to be recalled?

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
While Bracco is nowhere near the player Marner is especially on the defensive side of the game it would be nice to see what this kid can do with the big club. He would be great on the PP with his vision and I think has earned an opportunity.

Petan and company has had the opportunity, does anybody know if Bracco has to pass through waivers to be recalled?
He needs to be given a shot sometime. I don’t see why not tonight. Don’t know about the cap, though.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Once Hyman returns, there is no cap space to call up anyone.

Reactions: Dog

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can’t play Bracco 5 v 5 in the NHL, he will get exposed big time. He is so lazy, his camp was an embarrassment, to be that nonchalant back checking and on the boards, fighting for a gig, man that was disheartening to see. He has to do a lot for me to take him seriously now.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
just so we are clear the only way Toronto can call anyone up is if Hyman stays on LTIR. And if anyone gets called up it will probably be Korshkov or Petan

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Can’t play Bracco 5 v 5 in the NHL, he will get exposed big time. He is so lazy, his camp was an embarrassment, to be that nonchalant back checking and on the boards, fighting for a gig, man that was disheartening to see. He has to do a lot for me to take him seriously now.

I definitely lean this way on this player but I wouldn't be against giving him a trial with the team. At worst, failure would be reinforcement of what he needs to work on.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

They changed the CBA that last time around and eliminated the recall waivers rule of the past.

Now there are only waivers to go down to the AHL, however Bracco is still on his ELC so he is waiver exempt regardless.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm thinking Korshkov has earned it more but Bracco is more of a direct replacement. Both are waivers exempt.

It would be great to see a pp of
Korshkov
Matty JT Willy
Mo
I'd be interested is seeing if this kid can surprise us like the Soupman has. As a GM Dubas is covered with warts, but finding not 1, but 2 diamonds in the rough that can actually play would be a feather in his cap for sure.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Is it certain Hutch is starting tonight? Any chance Freddy gives it a go? With Hutch in net it can be really ugly tonight. :(

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Is it certain Hutch is starting tonight? Any chance Freddy gives it a go? With Hutch in net it can be really ugly tonight. :(

It's also the Hawks. At some point the team needs to stop blaming it on goaltending not stealing every game for them. Freddy has been locked in or we aren't on this current point streak. They need to play better to not give up so many dangerous chances.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You know what ?
That’s not a bad idea at all or actually bring someone , anyone different to give them a try , lots of teams do it and sometimes it becomes a huge success for the player and or the team
Sometimes it doesn’t , but you never know , we’ve all witnessed or known of that happening ...
Why not
Me thinks that nothing of that thinking outside of the Leaf will come to fruition under our current ways ..
Good idea man

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
It's also the Hawks. At some point the team needs to stop blaming it on goaltending not stealing every game for them. Freddy has been locked in or we aren't on this current point streak. They need to play better to not give up so many dangerous chances.
Yeah ... I know. But it feels like an automatic L with him in net. Maybe it's just from the back to back, but I think we have won only 2 points with him in net this season? :(

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Yeah ... I know. But it feels like an automatic L with him in net. Maybe it's just from the back to back, but I think we have won only 2 points with him in net this season? :(

One thing is for sure. Dubas inherited one of the strongest goaltending depths in the league and turned it into one of the weakest over a few weeks. Laughable he couldn't get anything for McBackup.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
One thing is for sure. Dubas inherited one of the strongest goaltending depths in the league and turned it into one of the weakest over a few weeks. Laughable he couldn't get anything for McBackup.
Yeah, I was watching McBackup yesterday vs Buffalo. He gave Tampa all chances to win. And he is only 1.3M. I really want a trustworthy backup. If they can fit it in the cap - why the hell can't we.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would give Bracco a shot. It would be a great opportunity for him to prove some doubters wrong, and he is ready for an NHL shot. The Leafs also need to gauge what they have in Bracco and where he is as a player. If Bracco were to make the NHL, it would likely be in a role similar to Marner's (outside of PKing, which I'm not sure Marner should even be doing right now), so this is a perfect opportunity for him to get in right now.

I think if nothing else, he would give a new look on our PP in Marner/Nylander's spot, and maybe he can help Tavares get on the scoresheet more at 5-on-5. He was successful with Mueller, and Mueller plays a game that is quite similar to Tavares.

It's nothing against Korshkov and Engvall, but if I am looking to replace a playmaker like Marner, Bracco is the undisputed first choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad