Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 2

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Warzone sucks now , looking forward to the new map. Plus most times in warzone it's always resurgence maps , why have a big map then limit use to quads. If I wanted to play resurgence maps I'd play resurgence.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Warzone sucks now , looking forward to the new map. Plus most times in warzone it's always resurgence maps , why have a big map then limit use to quads. If I wanted to play resurgence maps I'd play resurgence.

Warzone IMO is dead. The lobbies are a bunch of gfuel go hards (mind you I’m above a 1.5 kd). Vondel is the worst resurgence map in a long time. It was fun for 2/3 weeks but now it’s the same rooftop fights over and over and over.

Said to a friend tonight that CODs biggest downfall is how long they let maps/metas stay in. Fortnite (while I hate it) does a fantastic job of floating in new things to the game to make it feel fresh. COD however has had us on one big nap/this god awful half underwater trash resurgence map for too long.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Warzone IMO is dead. The lobbies are a bunch of gfuel go hards (mind you I’m above a 1.5 kd). Vondel is the worst resurgence map in a long time. It was fun for 2/3 weeks but now it’s the same rooftop fights over and over and over.

Said to a friend tonight that CODs biggest downfall is how long they let maps/metas stay in. Fortnite (while I hate it) does a fantastic job of floating in new things to the game to make it feel fresh. COD however has had us on one big nap/this god awful half underwater trash resurgence map for too long.
Warzone's biggest downfall are the content creator crybabies who had tantrums over not wanting to learn a new game style...THAT EXISTS IN EVERY PREVIOUS COD GAME and the stupid lemmings that believed them.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah, they didn't try too hard with that one. That POI sucks in the first place.

The water circles and player count are lol, and even something simple and common sense like making the map only show the castle area is hard for IW/Raven. No, they show you the whole map and force you to zoom in on the only playable area. Like, come on this is simple shit.

Of course I pre-ordered. HAHAHAH f*** ME

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Downloaded Warzone to play with a buddy for a few hours and JFC that menu interface is so cluttered. Is it possible to enjoy these games without chugging mountain dew and having ADHD???

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is it true that all the original MW2 maps will be in this game? I had zero interest in buying this game before, but if that's true I might just be an idiot and waste the 70€ or whatever it is at launch...

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Is it true that all the original MW2 maps will be in this game? I had zero interest in buying this game before, but if that's true I might just be an idiot and but the 70€ or whatever it is at launch...
Yep, they've run out of ideas and are just using all the old maps for this one.

Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I played MW2 2009 about a week or 2 ago and when there wasn't a hacker in the lobby it was the most fun I've had playing COD in years.
I still play it from time to time, and if it has the same player base I'd pick it up any day over the new ones. I don't know how things are on consoles, but on PC it's pretty easy to find TDM and FFA lobbies, although with TDM there's a decent change you'll get into a modded trickshot lobby, but I guess that's what comes with the proper MW2 experience, haha. You can also play domination but sometimes it's pretty tough to get into a lobby. I just wish ground war was still active.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Yeah, they didn't try too hard with that one. That POI sucks in the first place.

The water circles and player count are lol, and even something simple and common sense like making the map only show the castle area is hard for IW/Raven. No, they show you the whole map and force you to zoom in on the only playable area. Like, come on this is simple shit.

Same... and knowing me I'll play it heavily during launch, first 1-2 months, then drop it for a few months before picking it back up again sporadically. :huh:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Same... and knowing me I'll play it heavily during launch, first 1-2 months, then drop it for a few months before picking it back up again sporadically. :huh:
I actually liked MWII 2022 gameplay for the most part. The Perks system was stupid, but the lack of maps killed it for me. Lost interest pretty quickly.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
With every MW2 launch map coming and the developers walking back all the dumb decisions from MW2 (2022) (red dots on the minimap, reload canceling, the perk system, etc.) this actually sounds like a pretty fun game. I'm looking forward to the beta

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

My biggest grip is that there’s zero chance of regain if you die within the first 20 seconds. Finding ammo and plates is damn near impossible

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This is going to be an amazing game. You can download and play the beta on all platforms now. This is the Call of Duty a lot of you have been waiting for.

I'm streaming this weekend with Twitch MW3 drops enabled if you want some in game freebies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm digging the gunplay bigtime. Like the TTK.

All the guns in the game seem like lasers though. Just no recoil and they kinda all feel the same. The mediocre audio on the guns also contributes to this.

Most of my time played was with people who preordered so it was extra sweaty, and I ran into some insanely good quick scopers. Probably the best I have seen since Cold War.

The major thing I was taken aback by was how bad the game looks though. Looks PS4-esque with that classic Vaseline smear all over it. Looks slightly better on PC at mostly max settings than on PS5, but textures are lacking and the colors muted. I played with the in-game colour filters which helped, but still not great.

Player visibility can be challenging in spots, but not too bad.

Spawns are generally atrocious.

Estate is a bad map. Nothing has changed there. Favela is not great either. Skid Row and Highrise are very fun. Rust has always been meh to me.

Looking forward to the full game. I can get past the ugly visuals if the gameplay is fun.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
This game is a lot better than MW2019 and MW2 2022 but that isn't saying much. I find it really hard to have fun when I can barely see anyone, the spawns are terrible, and everybody is sliding and jumping around like they're on stimulants. If I wanted to play a movement shooter I would load up Titanfall 2 or Splitgate, not Modern Warfare lol. Really strange decision to include that stuff in a game that is trying to appeal to fans of the older games. I may pick it up later on sale just for the nostalgia of playing the old maps but I cancelled my preorder.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
This game is a lot better than MW2019 and MW2 2022 but that isn't saying much. I find it really hard to have fun when I can barely see anyone, the spawns are terrible, and everybody is sliding and jumping around like they're on stimulants. If I wanted to play a movement shooter I would load up Titanfall 2 or Splitgate, not Modern Warfare lol. Really strange decision to include that stuff in a game that is trying to appeal to fans of the older games. I may pick it up later on sale just for the nostalgia of playing the old maps but I cancelled my preorder.
SH seemed to want to appease the streamers in regards to the movement. IW didn't give a f*** which I kinda give them credit for even if the rest of their game design decisions sucked.

I do a bit of sliding but I'm not a crackhead. I certainly don't bunny hop or drop shot but that is more because of the standard button layout doesn't really allow a person to do these effectively and I'm too old to learn claw or tactical layout etc haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad