Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
Toronto:
Nylander
1st round 2018

Calgary:
D.Hamilton

Heres a basis for a deal I could see working out fairly for both teams on the draft day

Gaudreau gets a highly skilled guy to work with, Rielly finally gets a good D-man beside him

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I don't know how CGY would feel about trading Hamilton, but I think the value is fair. (And I'm high on Nyander)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why is that?
nylander has a chance at playing 3C, something hamilton can't do, our 1st can be used to get a good prospect and that will be vital for us as our young guys are gonna get paid quite a bit, and hamilton doesn't help our defensive issues whatsoever. essentially we are trading nylander for a nylander at defense.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Earlier today Hamilton was worth the equivalent of three first rounders (Sanheim,Frost,and 14) for Philly to acquire. This thread will not end well. Good luck. Runs to hide and make popcorn.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I don't hate it but I don't like it either. I'd rather make it Nylander and Gardiner for Hamilton+Jankowski/Frolik/Ferland.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Earlier today Hamilton was worth the equivalent of three first rounders (Sanheim,Frost,and 14) for Philly to acquire. This thread will not end well. Good luck. Runs to hide and make popcorn.
The problem is that was 100% futures. That's not the direction the Flames are going. This fits the Flames needs.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

Your selling Calgary on a lot of "what ifs" or perfect scenarios. Sanheim Frost and 14th doesn't improve Calgary today and doesnt improve them for at least 2 years with that trade

Calgary gets a bit of "what if" and a bit of certainty with Nylander

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
The difference between Nylander and a late first and Sanheim and a mid first is not Morgan Frost. That’s insane. That’s my point.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
The difference between Nylander and a late first and Sanheim and a mid first is not Morgan Frost. That’s insane. That’s my point.

No value wise your totally correct, but many on this site don't actually understand other teams needs, other than their own teams

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Your selling Calgary on a lot of "what ifs" or perfect scenarios. Sanheim Frost and 14th doesn't improve Calgary today and doesnt improve them for at least 2 years with that trade

Calgary gets a bit of "what if" and a bit of certainty with Nylander
I’d hardly call Sanheim a what if at this point. He was our third best d man when he was called up. I know our defense is bad overall but he definately showed he belongs in the NHL and we saw many glimpses of his offense and speed.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
I’d hardly call Sanheim a what if at this point. He was our third best d man when he was called up. I know our defense is bad overall but he definitely showed he belongs in the NHL and we saw many glimpses of his offense and speed.

But who would made a bigger impact on Calgary tomorrow?

Nylander or Sanheim?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad