Proposal: Calgary-Team that wants Dominik Bokk in the 1st round.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Why would you trade Adam Fox+ for a draft pick?

That’s madness. He’s was arguably the USAs highest profile player going into the WJC (obviously Mittelstadt played the best though)

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Why would a team trade a 1st round draft pick for a guy most of their fans never heard of? Adam Fox is a good prospect but the GM that trades a 1 round draft pick for him should be fired. The 3rd and 4th round picks don't do much since they're mostly misses. It just wouldn't make sense for a GM to make that risk.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Trading prospects for another prospect like this isn't smart... more or less just trade picks in the draft to move up and get him.

I like Dominick Bokk though. He hasn't been great in the SHL, but has showed great upside in the SuperElit. He's young and big at 6'1 approaching 200 in the next couple years... expect him to grow too. He's also got speed and a defensive know-how that makes him useful in both zones.

His game is being a sniper though. He's is a pure goal scorer and that's his game. Lethal shot, quick hands, can deke really well, great lateral movement in skating allowing him to open up his hips and generate enough torque on his shot to give it that extra push, along with having an accurate shot. Ceiling is a top line goal scorer.. but he will most likely end up as a 2-3liner that can generate 40 points mostly expecting around (25G-15A).

His development can be streaky though. When he plays with confidence you can really see his skill and potential. If he falls into that "twilight zone" of no puck luck or mental instability... he disappears.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah i doubt this happens. If we trade Fox it's because he doesnt want to sign here and we trade his rights which at that time will maybe get us a 2nd round pick if we are lucky.

I understand the need for a player like Bokk, but were all in at this point in time and don't have the assets to acquire a first without weakening our roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad