Proposal: Calgary/NY Rangers

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Do you honestly think calgary would consider this?
There are lots of articles saying Calgary is aggressively pursuing Hayes, and that they were desperate for a 1st round pick, and that the cost of a 1st round pick is a very good young roster player
What do you think would be a fair return from CGY for Kevin Hayes?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200w.webp

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not to sound like a dick. Not a single piece for the NYR would make me trade Chucky.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
There are lots of articles saying Calgary is aggressively pursuing Hayes, and that they were desperate for a 1st round pick, and that the cost of a 1st round pick is a very good young roster player
So Calgary opens up a giant hole for two luxury pieces? Not a chance.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Aggresively pursuing Hayes is a possibility, but not with Tkachuk. The Rangers don't have a single piece to make us think for even a split second trading Tkachuk might be a good idea.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Don’t think Chucky is going anywhere.
As far as value of Hayes, remember Calgary is knocking on the Rangers door. Going to have to pay a steep price, one most Calgary fans would laugh at.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Th
As far as value of Hayes, remember Calgary is knocking on the Rangers door. Going to have to pay a steep price, one most Calgary fans would laugh at.
There's steep prices, and then there are ones that aren't going to be paid.

While Hayes is a nice piece, he's not getting you Chucky and this trade offer would be hugely laughed at by the Flames. Add to that Hayes is a RFA and Zuc is heading into UFA status, and the other response is that the 26th pick isn't worth that much, and I'll add a come on man.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Th

There's steep prices, and then there are ones that aren't going to be paid.

While Hayes is a nice piece, he's not getting you Chucky and this trade offer would be hugely laughed at by the Flames. Add to that Hayes is a RFA and Zuc is heading into UFA status, and the other response is that the 26th pick isn't worth that much, and I'll add a come on man.

I don’t think any of the Rangers demand for Hayes will result in a trade. Remember people are calling the Rangers, they aren’t shopping him around. There really isn’t much desire to trade him. Like I already said, any offers would be laughed at

Don’t forget my first statement was how I don’t think Chucky is going anywhere

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Sure, Hayes is a nice piece but he's a secondary piece, and I doubt too many teams are going to blow their brains out to get him.

Teams call teams thats the GM's job.

Besides as a center he would be third on the Flames depth chart behind Monahan who has great chemistry with Gaudreau and Backlund.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Aggresively pursuing Hayes is a possibility, but not with Tkachuk. The Rangers don't have a single piece to make us think for even a split second trading Tkachuk might be a good idea.

Sure, Hayes is a nice piece but he's a secondary piece, and I doubt too many teams are going to blow their brains out to get him.

Teams call teams thats the GM's job.

Besides as a center he would be third on the Flames depth chart behind Monahan who has great chemistry with Gaudreau and Backlund.

Chucky is a non-starter, off the table.
Hayes stays.
He is not a secondary piece.
There is huge demand for him, and the only reason Rangers hold off when the price is high enough is it is smarter to keep Hayes + Chytil, prob. also Zib, but Zib I wanna see how high that goes, and Nieves + to round out pivot position.

Lias Andersson was 7OA last year, has been a boy playing with men in Sweden, and is ready to start now with elc. He is the guy they should consider moving if the return is high enough.

I do Lias A for RDs Rasmus A [a 2nd rounder] + Fox [late 1st with risk], both unlikely to be immediately ready for the roster day 1.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Chucky is a non-starter, off the table.
Hayes stays.
He is not a secondary piece.
There is huge demand for him, and the only reason Rangers hold off when the price is high enough is it is smarter to keep Hayes + Chytil, prob. also Zib, but Zib I wanna see how high that goes, and Nieves + to round out pivot position.

Lias Andersson was 7OA last year, has been a boy playing with men in Sweden, and is ready to start now with elc. He is the guy they should consider moving if the return is high enough.

I do Lias A for RDs Rasmus A [a 2nd rounder] + Fox [late 1st with risk], both unlikely to be immediately ready for the roster day 1.
Are you f***ing kidding me? If Chucky is off the table there could be no deal for Hayes? That has to be the absolute stupidest f***ing thing I have read on HF recently and there are Hamilton to Toronto threads almost every other day. Hayes a very good player, but his value is not even in the same stratosphere as Tkachuk

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
They are “considering” Hayes, not “aggressively pursuing” him. They are considering several options. They were looking at getting into the first round. They aren’t “desperate” to.

Tkachuk is basically the last player the Flames would trade for picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad