Calgary JR A Mustangs

oscar1

Oct 10, 2016
Can anyone tell me what is going on with this team? They were in a terrible position last season and set the Canadian record for straight losses at 29.

This year it looks like it may happen AGAIN!!!!!!

As far as I can tell the coach /gm is the same as last year? How can you as a organization keep some one that is so futial at this job? How are the players reacting? Do they have unlimited resources that they don't care? This team has to be the joke of the AJHL.

I cannot see anyone wanting to go play there. This is a league to continue your education in and get a scholarship. Do any scouts even bother going to any game this team is involved in?

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
From what I recall I believe they are an outgrowth of Hockey Calgary. What I mean is their mandate is to provide a place for Junior A quality players from Hockey Calgary's minor hockey system a place to play. I have been following the AJHL for a few years (I'm a Bobcats fan) and usually the two Calgary teams, along with Canmore, duke it out for last in the South.

oscar1

Oct 10, 2016
I get that and that is a great thing to have for the local kids. However, how can they keep a coach for this long after last year and again this year that is so bad? The talent in the kids is there from what I have seen but seems to be out coached every game I have been to.

It has to be getting to the players all of this losing? does the organization/leader not care? or are they that oblivious to this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad