Calgary Flames Prospects: Part 2

Trae

Calgary
Nice! My favourite thread. Gaudreau was named player of the month. In other news, we have legit prospects...

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Anyone see THN prospect issue? They had our top 10 prospects

1-Gaudreau (29th overall)
2-Baertschi (35th overall)
3-Poirier (48th overall)
4-Gillies
5-Klimchuk
6-Ortio
7-Janowski
8-Granlund
9-Reinhart
10-Arnold

No D prospects
No RW prospects

Wotherspoon should've been there

It also had draft preview for 2014, 2015, 2016. A couple of re-drafts, top 50 prospects. You should buy it

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Pretty decent list actually. I expect Wotherspoon to be much better next year for the Heat, same with Ramage. This season was basically a writeoff for Sieloff.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
For all the hate on Jankowski he did finish better then last year and after being moved back to his nature position of center. Ended the season with 11 goals and 11 assists in 34 games. Obviously not going to start the future #1 center talk just yet, but I think he has the natural tools to become an NHL center. Now if that is as a #3 or #2 who knows. I think next season will be the real gauge of what we have in a prospect.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
seriously can NOT wait for Johnny Gaudreau. Need to temper my expectations a little bit but he's so damn impressive

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
seriously can NOT wait for Johnny Gaudreau. Need to temper my expectations a little bit but he's so damn impressive

Temper what? Don't you know the kid can walk on water?

Well, it's more so he skates on frozen water, but it's still dam impressive. He basically has God like saviour status in my books.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Agostino is on a PPG pace in the NCAA right now. He projects to be a Ryan Callahan type player.

The big question is can the Flames get him under contract. Isn't he a UFA after this August? Or does he have another year to go?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
For all the hate on Jankowski he did finish better then last year and after being moved back to his nature position of center. Ended the season with 11 goals and 11 assists in 34 games. Obviously not going to start the future #1 center talk just yet, but I think he has the natural tools to become an NHL center. Now if that is as a #3 or #2 who knows. I think next season will be the real gauge of what we have in a prospect.

He was raw when he was drafted. He had no formal education in hockey. He was a damn high school phenom in the middle of the boonies. At least he's having some sort of contribution in the NCAA, especially after flip flopping from wing to centre.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So from what I can tell, Jankowski and some of the other college guys should be done with hockey by March 22, assuming they don't win Hockey East. I wonder who we'll see immediately signed! Right now we need guys for Abbotsford. I wouldn't mind seeing Gillies signed immediately.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Pretty decent list actually. I expect Wotherspoon to be much better next year for the Heat, same with Ramage. This season was basically a writeoff for Sieloff.

Which is really, really sad! Sieloff had packed on 15lbs of lean muscle in the offseason and looked really good at camp. Hell, there was strong consideration/talk of him making the team out of camp, never mind Abbotsford...

I really hope he has a strong summer rehabbing and comes back better than ever... One of my favourite prospects on this team! He's like our own Gudas in the making!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
If you want to see some prospects besides our own tonight here ae some games

CALGARY @ PRINCE ALBERT-8:00 ET, 6:00 MT
Jake Virtanen vs Leon Draisaitl
Ben Thomas vs Reid Gardiner
Travis Sanheim
Chase Lang

OSHAWA @ KINGSTON 7:00 ET, 5:00 MT
Michael Dal Colle vs Sam Bennett
Hunter Smith vs Ronald McKoewn
Scott Laughton (PHI) Vs Spencer Watson

WINDSOR @ ERIE 7:00 ET, 5:00 ET
Josh Ho-Sang vs Connor McDavid (2015)
Nikita Zazkov vs Connor Brown (TOR)

SAULT ST. MARIE @ SARNIA 7:05 ET, 5:05 ET
Jared McCann vs Nikolay Goldobin
Michael Bentings vs Anthony DeAngelo
Kyle Jennings

EDMONTON @ BRANDON 8:30 ET, 6:30 MT
Aaron Irving vs Jayce Hawluryuk
Brett Polock vs Riharts Bockarts

MONCTON @ ACADIE-BATHURST 6:00 ET, 4:00 ET
Ivan Barbashev vs Mason MacDonald
Vlad Tkachev vs

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Anyone see THN prospect issue? They had our top 10 prospects

1-Gaudreau (29th overall)
2-Baertschi (35th overall)
3-Poirier (48th overall)
4-Gillies
5-Klimchuk
6-Ortio
7-Janowski
8-Granlund
9-Reinhart
10-Arnold

No D prospects
No RW prospects

Wotherspoon should've been there

It also had draft preview for 2014, 2015, 2016. A couple of re-drafts, top 50 prospects. You should buy it

They also had calgarys pool ranked 23rd.
mentioned this in old thread.
what a joke.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm on the fence whether or not the Flames should sign Janko to a pro deal this offseason. He's learned to become a real good defensive 2-way C this year, I don't know if his development would be better suited to have another year at Providence, or if it would be better to play with more skilled players on the Heat next year?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I'm on the fence whether or not the Flames should sign Janko to a pro deal this offseason. He's learned to become a real good defensive 2-way C this year, I don't know if his development would be better suited to have another year at Providence, or if it would be better to play with more skilled players on the Heat next year?

I'm in the same boat, but my personal opinion for all players drafted and playing in the NCAA is that unless they can show us that they can do what they were drafted to do, on a smaller scale in the NCAA, they shouldn't move to the AHL. Jankowski was drafted to be perhaps a first line centre. I think he stays at Providence until he can show us that he has first-line potential, because right now he looks like a 2nd/3rd line guy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I think it's better for him to be a leader in college. The fact that he isn't a point a game means that there is plenty of room for improvement at that level.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Jankowski definitely needs one more year to develop before signing a pro deal. The Junior league might not be a bad idea either if he's still eligible - that would be a better option to develop his offense.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Oh do I miss the days where Pelech, Negrin and Wahl were in our top 5 prospects. :sarcasm:

Haha obviously this is a step up, but in fairness to Negrin and Wahl, both had good potential and were basically ruined by injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad