GDT: Calgary Flames @ Columbus Blue Jackets, 5PM on SNET-W and the Fan 960

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:flames (2-3-2) are in Columbus to play the :cbj (3-6-1)

I can't believe it's not Butter!
DGz_Image_Organization_Project-p-28.jpg

Oh if you played in the East, you'd have a couple Hart Trophys
When? 5:00PM
Where? Sportsnet West and The Fan 960
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu

The projected lines for your Calgary Flames

Mike Cammalleri - Alex Tanguay - Jarome Iginla
Jiri Hudler - Matt Stajan - Roman Cervenka
Curtis Glencross - Mikael Backlund - Lee Stempniak
Steve Begin - Blair Jones - Blake Comeau

Mark Giordano - Jay Bouwmeester
TJ Brodie - Dennis Wideman
Chris Butler - Derek Smith

Leland Irving

Flames Season Leaders
Curtis Glencross leads the team in goals with four this season
Alex Tanguay and Cammy lead the team in assists with five each this season
Alex Tanguay leads the team in points with eight (3G, 5A)

Injured or on Leave
The Anton (Shoulder)
Sven Baertschi (Hip Flexor)
Miikka Kiprusoff (Lower Body)

Scratches
Tim Jackman
Cory Sarich

The projected lineup for the Columbus Blue Jackets (Courtesy of the CBJ's GDT)

Brassard - Dubinsky - Foligno
Umberger -Anisimov - Dorsett
Calvert - Letestu - Prospal
Gillies - MacKenzie - Boll

Fedor Tyutin - Nikita Nikitin
Tim Erixon - Jack Johnson
Holden - Goulobef

Sergei Bobrovsky

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Jack Johnson (GOALS: 1 | ASST: 2 | PTS: 3)
Acquired from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Jeff Carter last season, Johnson has been giving the Blue Jackets all he has in averaging a league-leading 28:38 of ice time. That impressive figure includes back-to-back 34-plus minute games against the Kings and Detroit Red Wings coming into the contest against Calgary.

Fedor Tyutin (GOALS: 1 | ASST: 7 | PTS: 8)
Perhaps a surprising leader offensively for the Blue Jackets, Tyutin leads all Columbus skaters in assists and points this season with seven and eight respectively. Tyutin, acquired in 2008 in a deal that sent Nikolai Zherdev to the New York Rangers, has never been a big-time point producer at the NHL level but is finding ways to contribute at both ends for Columbus.

Tim Erixon (GOALS: 0 | ASST: 1 | PTS: 1)
A first round pick of the Flames (23rd overall) in 2009, Erixon was acquired by the Blue Jackets as part of the deal that sent franchise cornerstone Rick Nash to the New York Rangers. Erixon failed to stick in Columbus out of camp but has since been recalled and has one point in three games. What a *****.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Leland Irving (This Season: 0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.000 SV%)
Sergei Bobrovsky (This Season: 2-2-1, 2.97 GAA, .907 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
Kipper is out day to day with a lower body injury
The Flames lost the season series against Columbus last season, winning only one of four games
The Flames have a higher faceoff win % than the Blue Jackets this season (50 vs 47.7)
That Swedish meatball Tim Erixon is playing tonight, hopefully he goes through a meat grinder tonight

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I really like Butler - Smith as our bottom pairing, Butler looks way more comfortable when he isn't with Bouw. The forward roster is also starting to look a little bit "set". Love our top 9.

Flames can win this one. Go Flames Go!

Also, why is Kipper in the goalie matchups, is he playing in spirit? :sarcasm:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'm feeling a win. The Flames looked good against the Wings and you gotta think they carry that momentum into this game tonight.

I'm predicting a blowout. Go big or go home.

6-2 Flames. Goals by Tanguay, Iginla, Bouwmeester, Cervenka, Backlund, and Hudler.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm feeling a win. The Flames looked good against the Wings and you gotta think they carry that momentum into this game tonight.

I'm predicting a blowout. Go big or go home.

6-2 Flames. Goals by Tanguay, Iginla, Bouwmeester, Cervenka, Backlund, and Hudler.

Without Nash on that blue jackets team I think they are going to be, "de-fanged". Nash always played well against us with Vermette (also gone).

I like our chances.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hopefully Begin levels Erixon! Also Iggy always seem to light up Columbus so lets keep on rolling boys, hopefully get that W.

Go Flames!!!

(Ps.you put kipper in the Goalie matchup)

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Hopefully Begin levels Erixon! Also Iggy always seem to light up Columbus so lets keep on rolling boys, hopefully get that W.

Go Flames!!!

(Ps.you put kipper in the Goalie matchup)

Fixed.

And yes, I'm just hoping for anybody to crush Erixon real good tonight. Too bad Sarich won't be playing, because I'd love to see him do it.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
The Jackets haven't played too horribly this season, so I hope the Flames don't take this one lightly. And I feel like we need Jackman in tonight to battle Erixon in the corners.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
The Jackets haven't played too horribly this season, so I hope the Flames don't take this one lightly. And I feel like we need Jackman in tonight to battle Erixon in the corners.

Glencross doesn't hit too lightly and neither does Comeau lol. He won't ever see Iginla so you have to hope those two crush him.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I have a good feeling about tonights game. However, whenever I say this, the Flames don't play very well. I COULD say the Flames will play terrible, and hope that the opposite happens, but if they wound up doing poorly, I'd feel bad. SO HERE IT IS.

THE FLAMES WILL PLAY TONIGHT, AND IT WILL BE A HOCKEY GAME. SOMEONE WILL WIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aNwCimwVko#t=24s

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I have a good feeling about tonights game. However, whenever I say this, the Flames don't play very well. I COULD say the Flames will play terrible, and hope that the opposite happens, but if they wound up doing poorly, I'd feel bad. SO HERE IT IS.

Now you jinxed it :S

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

4 hour-long shootout, here we come!

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Without Nash on that blue jackets team I think they are going to be, "de-fanged". Nash always played well against us with Vermette (also gone).

I like our chances.

The team as a whole can't score worth crap. However, the team defense is (supposedly) better, more aggressive in the corners and such.

Games against Calgary always seem to be a bit rough, shall we say. I expect more of the same this evening. Who will win? Who knows.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
The team as a whole can't score worth crap. However, the team defense is (supposedly) better, more aggressive in the corners and such.

Games against Calgary always seem to be a bit rough, shall we say. I expect more of the same this evening. Who will win? Who knows.

Team with the most goals is my guess.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I really hope Cevernka / Stajan/ Hudler line continues to be one of the most impressive lines the Flames have iced the last few years.

I have a raging clue thinking about it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

FWIW I really like Columbus' blue line. Lots of good players. Underrated around the league I think.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
1) I'm excited to see Irving play tonight
2) I want Erixon LEVELED by someone
3) I'm skipping class to watch the game, so the Flames better not let me down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad