GDT: Calgary Flames (19-14-9) @ St. Louis Blues (21-18-3) 6:00PM MT

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The apathy of Flames fans is palpable. Considering how crazy our offseason was that can't bode well for the future.

I really don't even know how this team is in a playoff spot. Thank Gary for the loser point I guess, the bell curve grading system of the NHL.

Reactions: Tofveve

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Crazy after our shitty last two games that we can't even work Pelletier into the lineup for a look.

The ONLY team in the league to not graduate a prospect since 2018. We would rather sit them in the pressbox to watch us lose to the worst team in the league, and half of st louis roster due to injuries. This franchise is a f***ing joke and is destined for perpetual mediocrity.

Reactions: flames23

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Crazy after our shitty last two games that we can't even work Pelletier into the lineup for a look.

The ONLY team in the league to not graduate a prospect since 2018. We would rather sit them in the pressbox to watch us lose to the worst team in the league, and half of st louis roster due to injuries. This franchise is a f***ing joke and is destined for perpetual mediocrity.
It's not down to franchise, it's that dumb old sausage. Soon he f***s off, the better

Not sure in what mindset he is but Barry Trotz for me.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Sutter never really liked Pelletier. Always looked very bothered by questions about him in camp

Reactions: 23Monahan

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
It's not down to franchise, it's that dumb old sausage. Soon he f***s off, the better

Not sure in what mindset he is but Barry Trotz for me.
Treliving shares alot of the blame for where the team is these days, but he is heavily influenced by Murray who only cares about ticket sales and has a win now mentality. Unfortunately it is the franchise.

With that being said, Sutter has been garbage this season, and I would welcome trots with open arms. Last I heard he said he was interested in coaching an original 6 team, so don't see him coming to Calgary, but would love to see it.

Reactions: joescores

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah, refusing to give prospects a chance is purely a Dutter thing. Back when Lucic was scratched, Friedman mentioned that the organization wanted to give the kids more of a look. Now who would have told him something like that other than someone fairly high up in the front office? Even Lucic at the time said he expected something of a platoon situation going forwards.

But Dutter being the senile old dinosaur that he is, abandoned that immediately. Back against the wall, season's not going the way it's supposed to, so he's panicking and doing what comes natural - overplaying his starter and over relying on vets. Even though all his success came on the backs of younger players. And being the stupidly petty and stubborn curmudgeon that he is, the more everyone pushes to give prospects a chance, the more he'll dig in and refuse.

Unless Edwards wises up and fires him by seasons end, there's some dark dark times ahead given the rumors of Dutter getting even more influence and control. Like Mangiapane + Pelletier for Josh Anderson type bleakness.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yeah, refusing to give prospects a chance is purely a Dutter thing. Back when Lucic was scratched, Friedman mentioned that the organization wanted to give the kids more of a look. Now who would have told him something like that other than someone fairly high up in the front office? Even Lucic at the time said he expected something of a platoon situation going forwards.

But Dutter being the senile old dinosaur that he is, abandoned that immediately. Back against the wall, season's not going the way it's supposed to, so he's panicking and doing what comes natural - overplaying his starter and over relying on vets. Even though all his success came on the backs of younger players. And being the stupidly petty and stubborn curmudgeon that he is, the more everyone pushes to give prospects a chance, the more he'll dig in and refuse.

Unless Edwards wises up and fires him by seasons end, there's some dark dark times ahead given the rumors of Dutter getting even more influence and control. Like Mangiapane + Pelletier for Josh Anderson type bleakness.
Bold of you to think Edwards even watches this team from his London penthouse, that dude couldn't give a shit as long as he rakes in the dough

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
So like instead of complaining about it, which of our top 9 lines should we break up for Pelletier right now? Huberdeau-Kadri-Lucic have been scoring nightly, have the 14th best goal production league wide, and are producing at a similar rate McDavid and Draisaitl do when put together. Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman is coming off their best game results wise, and are the most dominant possession line in the league and they don’t really have any peers. That leaves Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli, who actually have gone a bit cold lately, but were also winning us games single handedly at the start and still are a top 30 line in the league at goal rates. Do the people who think we are a trash organization for not playing Pelletier want us to demote Dube when he’s coming off his best stretch of hockey he’s played? He’s probably the most realistic name right now. Do we want to break up the best line at scoring goals we’ve iced all season to insert Pelletier to play his off wing in his NHL debut? We’ve seen how Dube, Mangiapane, Bennett have all played when on their off wing, is that putting Pelletier in a position to succeed? This is also supposedly because we need more offense, isn’t breaking up our best line at doing that counter intuitive?

First round picks don’t play on the 4th line, especially not recent ones. That’s not a Sutter thing, that’s an NHL thing. I skimmed through daily faceoff looking for examples of it happening and couldn’t find any, so if anyone can name examples in the league right now I’m all ears.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Don't worry guys, Tre wont be extended so once Sutter gets promoted to GM/Coach position he'll start drafting and playing his types.

You know, the Nemiszes, Chuckos, Pelechs, Boumas.

Silver lining.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Vlad's playing. f*** yeah. Disappointed about still no Pelletier, but I've always liked duehr as a solid 4th line energy guy. Surprised we never used him sooner.

Hopefully we play well in front of Vladdy and get some scoring. Go Flam. We're again a sizeable road betting favourite (against all rationale) so degens you know what to do. Sacrifice to the gods.

Edit - shit we're playing a backup. Greiss 44/45 on tap. Sorry fellas.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Get a girlfriend and suddenly you're too good for this place wow

77aaml.jpg

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can’t wait until Murray Edwards starts threatening to move the team again cause not enough tickets are being sold

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I like watching paint dry guys. I got this. Keep some lemon juice nearby or jalapeños to place directly on eyeballs. It can help spice things up when you hear yourself snoring.

GFG! 3-2 us because why the heck not.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
We need rookies in but also the lines aren’t that bad in comparison with how good the rookies are… we need to pull off a mythical “quantity for quality” trade since Brad hands out NMCs like candy

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I like watching paint dry guys. I got this. Keep some lemon juice nearby or jalapeños to place directly on eyeballs. It can help spice things up when you hear yourself snoring.

GFG! 3-2 us because why the heck not.
I like the 3-2 scoreline as well if we win. If blues win it could be anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad