LeBrun: Calgary & Edmonton interested in Brett Kulak

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
On the Flames he may have been, on the Habs he's been better. He's been a good 5/6. Basically moved up one spot in the lineup.

BTW the rumored ask was a 2nd for Kulak from the Habs.
For Kulak. I will settle for a 3rd.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Don't think Kulak wants to come back. Things ended poorly between Treliving and his camp

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd prefer Soucy over Kulak..
Well of course, he's a better player. But the cost might be the kicker there. If Seattle got a 2nd for Lauzon, then they might be aiming even higher for Soucy, which would be a big overpay. If the price of Kulak is more reasonable (if its a 2nd, it isn't, ha ha), then it makes sense to look at Kulak. I was hoping for a better veteran option though.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Well of course, he's a better player. But the cost might be the kicker there. If Seattle got a 2nd for Lauzon, then they might be aiming even higher for Soucy, which would be a big overpay. If the price of Kulak is more reasonable (if its a 2nd, it isn't, ha ha), then it makes sense to look at Kulak. I was hoping for a better veteran option though.
You will be surprise about Kulak. He has been decent in the playoff last year. Kulak can move the puck and provide some offense but he sometime will make stupid mistake. He will be decent on the 3rd pairing.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You will be surprise about Kulak. He has been decent in the playoff last year. Kulak can move the puck and provide some offense but he sometime will make stupid mistake. He will be decent on the 3rd pairing.
The issue is that I was hoping for someone to help out our 2nd pairing - although it was 2RD I was really wanting help with and we're not even rumoured to be looking for that. That said, Kulak on Calgary wasn't good, but if he can bring the guy he was in the playoffs instead, I'd be okay with that.

Nurse - Ceci
Keith - Bouchard
Kulak - Barrie

Seems smarter than having to lean on Russell, or Lagesson, or throwing Broberg in there when he would be better off in the AHL playoffs. We'll see what happens I guess.

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
Kulak is a solid 3rd pairing Defenseman! I hope Habs keep him if they don't get at least a low 2nd rounder.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He cost Montreal nothing at the time of acquisition, but is an ok 7th-8th defenseman. The type of guy you can acquire for a "conditional 7th" or "future considerations". So, anything recouped seems like it would be a win.

Probably a decent depth guy for a team like Edmonton who has a tough luck finding good defenders.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He cost Montreal nothing at the time of acquisition, but is an ok 7th-8th defenseman. The type of guy you can acquire for a "conditional 7th" or "future considerations". So, anything recouped seems like it would be a win.

Probably a decent depth guy for a team like Edmonton who has a tough luck finding good defenders.

No chance this happens lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad