GDT: Calgary at Vancouver April 13th , 7pm MT - Johnny Hockey and Arnold!! SN-W

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
like Monahan Johnny just looks like he knows where to be at all times. One of those players that the puck seems to follow.

After his showing tonight the coaching staff will work hard with him this summer to get ready for next year. CANT WAIT

SO MUCH OPTIMISM

I'm planning on making another Optimism thread next season so we can draft McDavid.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
like Monahan Johnny just looks like he knows where to be at all times. One of those players that the puck seems to follow.

After his showing tonight the coaching staff will work hard with him this summer to get ready for next year. CANT WAIT

SO MUCH OPTIMISM

I completely agree. It's obvious he needs to get stronger, but he's not as small as I thought he would look next to NHL players, and his tenacity on the puck is what surprised me the most. Once he gets stronger, I have little doubt that he will be an NHL player. Once his mind adjusts to the speed and level of play, and he adds some muscle, I really believe this kid is going to do extremely well. I've said for a couple of seasons that this kid is special, and me and Hudlinator also stated we believed him to be a better prospect than Sven, he just has that special quality that great players possess. We really got a good player here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Agree with everything you said. The Flames worked so hard' there was a lot of hope and now we finally got more of an identity than Iggy and Kipper, we work hard, smart and a hard team to play against

But it's impossible to go 3rd in draft
1st if we win lottery (10% chance)
4th (where we are now)
5th (if anyone behind us wins lottery or Islanders move up one)

My mistake on the lotto. I think the Gaudreau fever has gotten to me as I knew that, I'm not sure what I was thinking :laugh:

Trae

Calgary
When I caught the odd BC games last season and the year before I could distinguish Johnny on the ice easily from size. This season and tonight, I actually had to look at the number to verify. This satisfies me.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'm not sure this board can handle the chance at Gaudreau and McDavid. The board would implode

Sven - McDavid - Klimchuk
Gaudreau - Monahan - Poirier
Granlund - Reinhart - Reinhart
Agostino - Knight - Ferland
And then Bouma wherever.
YES.

YEEEEEEEESSSSS

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Needs more Backlund but yeah. thats Awesome.

Backlund, Agostino, and something else for the other Reinhart then. :sarcasm:

Reinhart - Reinhart - Reinhart

awwwyeah.png

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Baertschi - Monahan - Klimchuk
Gaudreau - Backlund - Poirier
Granlund - Jankowski - Bouma
Knight - Reinhart - Ferland

If even half of these guys make it, I'll be happy.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
So it looks like we drafting 4th? Unless we win the lottery? Who is at 4th? I can assume Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennet will be taken by then?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I was impressed with Johnny tonight. I still think he needs time in the AHL to adjust and build up some muscle but he didn't look out of place. Hopefully people don't go crazy like they did with Sven and raise huge expectations with him base on one goal/game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was having a discussion with my Canuck-fan friend. Anyone else feel like Yannick Weber had more intent to injure Gaudreau by shoving him into the end boards than Byron did with Sedin?

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I feel like that was the reason the physicality escalated on Calgary's end. Weber took a second run at Gaudreau after that, and then Calgary started responding in kind.

Johnny Hockey

Nov 18, 2010
Calgary Alberta
I was having a discussion with my Canuck-fan friend. Anyone else feel like Yannick Weber had more intent to injure Gaudreau by shoving him into the end boards than Byron did with Sedin?

I thought so to. Went right for him to send him into the boards. Completely ignored the puck. They won't talk about it because johnny isn't hurt.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
One of the funnest seasons to be a Flames fan in a long time. Remember how we were bracing for a long painful first year of a rebuild? Lol. It's only painful if you're doing it wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad