Pre-Game Talk: Calgary at Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 25m25 minutes ago
Looks like Jooris makes his #Flames debut tonight. Setoguchi and Gaudreau seem to be odd men out.

#Flames Bob Hartley says...a number of game time decisions. Not confirming whether or not Gaudreau sits.

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 3m3 minutes ago
.@RamoKarri gets the start tonight for the #Flames. #CBJvsCGY

Personally...I've been expecting the Gaudreau scratch for a while. Actually I was expecting him to sit in St. Louis, but then Jones got hurt. I think watching one from the stands will do him good.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Derek Wills ‏@Fan960Wills 27m27 minutes ago
#Flames projected forwards vs. #BlueJackets:
Glencross-Backlund-Byron
Hudler-Monahan-Jooris
Raymond-Colborne-Bouma
Bollig-Stajan-McGrattan

bozybo

Aug 28, 2012
Can someone explain to me why Johnny is getting so little ice time even though he is not producing 80 percent of the time on the ice he is still dangerous

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Can someone explain to me why Johnny is getting so little ice time even though he is not producing 80 percent of the time on the ice he is still dangerous

Agreed. Eye test and analytics both agree (he's 2nd among Flames forwards for Corsi differential).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I want to get a look at Jooris. He looked good in not only the rookie tournament, but also in training camp and preseason. A well deserved call up. I really hope he scores or gets an assist tonight, he certainly i one of my favorites. A hard worker on both ends of the ice.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
People laugh on the main boards that Gaudreau sucks because he hasn't put up any points, but the thing that I am most impressed with in Gaudreau is you would think he would have a - rating, but he is a +2. I know the +/- stat is a ****** stat, but sometimes it can tell you who is on the ice when goals are being produced.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
People laugh on the main boards that Gaudreau sucks because he hasn't put up any points, but the thing that I am most impressed with in Gaudreau is you would think he would have a - rating, but he is a +2. I know the +/- stat is a ****** stat, but sometimes it can tell you who is on the ice when goals are being produced.

He also has very good Corsi numbers. He has been far from a liability on the ice.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He also has very good Corsi numbers. He has been far from a liability on the ice.

Lol, the Flames must be killin' the Corsi, first the Giordano/Brodie pairing, and then you have Backlund/Gaudreau contributing too? :handclap:.

Gaudreau will get more opportunities on the top 6 as the season goes on imo. Hartley is sheltering him for now so Johnny can get used to the game. I think lots of people fail to realize that going from the NCAA to the best hockey league in the world is a huge, huge step.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hartley on the possible scratch tonight, and Gaudreau's reaction:

“We will make our decisions after the warmup. It’s rare we go that way, but we have two players that are iffy. We just want to make sure,” head coach Bob Hartley said when asked about Gaudeau’s status for the game.

Hartley added: “When we’re dealing about young players, it’s always about doing what’s best for them, because in the long run what’s best for them is best for the organization. We have quite a few, and the beauty or the problem is that we’re starting to have depth. Last year, we were starting to have depth but our decisions were way easier than we have right now.”

Gaudreau, who wouldn’t say what he’s been told regarding tonight’s game, said of his situation. “It’s been a slow start throughout the beginning of the season, but it’s my first real season. Whether I play tonight or not, I’m excited for the guys and hope they get the win. I’m excited for Josh Jooris to get his first game.

“The guys here are bigger, smarter, faster (than in the NCAA ranks). This game’s just a whole level up. It’s a little time to get used to an adjust to, I’m playing with a lot of talented players in the locker room that are going to help me get there throughout the season. I’m excited to see where I end up in a few more weeks.”

I am glad we have a prospect who understands why he is being scratched. I think this will only make Johnny better, we all know he doesn't want to be a scratched player.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hartley on the possible scratch tonight, and Gaudreau's reaction:

I am glad we have a prospect who understands why he is being scratched. I think this will only make Johnny better, we all know he doesn't want to be a scratched player.

Johnny saying all the right things as usual. Him and Josh both seem like really good dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad