Post-Game Talk: Calgary at Chicago (10/24/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They better keep an eye out for Gaudreau who is quickly becoming a thorn on our side in his early career..

Also.. Calgary PP is 1-25... they are facing our terrible 9-21 PK. Yea something will give there.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
They better keep an eye out for Gaudreau who is quickly becoming a thorn on our side in his early career..

Also.. Calgary PP is 1-25... they are facing our terrible 9-21 PK. Yea something will give there.

I am thinking the Hawks will have a much improved penalty kill tonight. It has gone on too long for talent like this to continue to struggle like that. I am thinking tonight will be a turn around night for the Hawks. At least... I hope so.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No real surprises in the line-up, though a dman will be sitting. Kempny?:

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 2m2 minutes ago
Corey Crawford starting tonight. #Blackhawks

Eric Lear ‏@BHTVeric 21m21 minutes ago
#Blackhawks lines: Motte-Toews-Panik, Panarin-Anisimov-Kane, Hartman-Schmaltz-Hossa, Rasmussen-Kruger-Tootoo. #Blackhawks

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Our noted 3C, AA, has been named the NHL's 2nd star of the week. Whatta bum.

I'll be at this one tonight

People don't understand AA is the perfect complement for Panarin and Kane. I don't care that he's a 3C. He probably is. But with Panarin and Kane, AA is 1C. Not everyone will have that chemistry with their free wheeling style. That's all that matters.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
People don't understand AA is the perfect complement for Panarin and Kane. I don't care that he's a 3C. He probably is. But with Panarin and Kane, AA is 1C. Not everyone will have that chemistry with their free wheeling style. That's all that matters.

People implies it is more than one person who actually doesn't understand.

AA is a good 2C and a perfect compliment to Kane and Panarin. He needs to fix his faceoffs. I would be happy if he can get his FO% to 46-47%. He doesn't need to be Johnny at the dot but he needs to be better. Personally I think he is too high on his stick and getting lower may help. Similar to Kruger.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Rozsival could help in PK but he shouldn't play more than 10 games. I hope this is the first and 9 to go..

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL. I got in trouble with the main board moderators for calling Matthews/Marner/Nylander "scarier than the Deathly Hallows" with the symbol ... that they are already locks for the HOF. The friendly banter was in response to the "Foliage Heads" claiming Matthews was already better than Toews AND Marner/Nylander will be just as good as Kane. Really!

Will the North Pole Cowboys be just as irrational about Patrick Kane Lite as their Canadian counterparts from the East? And I'm big fans of both Matthews and Gaudreau. But I think it's fun to harmlessly poke at the irrationality of fans. Lord knows we've all been emotional ... and it's evident on the Hawk's board too.

Have fun. It's just a game and message board. If you get too serious, you'll drive yourself CRAZY. So don't take even the "over the top" posters too seriously. They might be having fun too.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Break for Kempny would be my assumption. If that is the case there is nothing wrong with that other than Rosi not being good. Fine for an 8th D.

Rosi on 2 weeks rest is usually pretty good for a game. So who wheeled him out of the old folks home today?

I didn't watch the entire Leafs game, but Kempny appeared a bit loose with the puck in our zone recently. Perhaps he needs a break to recalibrate.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
In before the inevitable freak-out over Rozi playing.

I'm assuming Rosy draws in 10-15 times this year baring an injury or two and have no problem with it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

The Hawks and Flames should have an gentlemen's agreement with the referees that no one gets sent to the box ... and save all their fans the heartache.

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
The Hawks and Flames should have an gentlemen's agreement with the referees that no one gets sent to the box ... and save all their fans the heartache.

The referees should be smart enough to get that themselves :laugh:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
JD: is there any replacement for War On Ice? Would like to see stats for example about high quality scoring chances etc.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
For some reason I actually didn't realize there was a game today. I thought it was tomorrow. Well this is a pleasant surprise, I suppose.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Calgary is 30th in power play conversion. Chicago is 30th on the PK. Something's gotta give, here.

edit: I guess someone already pointed this out, oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad