Cale Makar's goal (or no-goal) for offside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Was this a good goal in accordance with the rulebook? Here's the key look...

He doesn't touch the puck in the zone until the tag-up but it's pretty clear that he enters the zone with possession even if it's off his stick for a sec. Maybe there's some nuance in the rulebook about this on delayed offside or on a tag-up, that's all i can think of

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Faterson

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Like I said in the GDT thread:

images

In control.

stick-handling.jpg

Never in control. The puck is wildly bouncing all over the place.

Learn the difference, NOOBS

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
From my understanding they called it a good goal because the argument was Makar didn't have control of the puck.

Now if that's considered not having control of the puck, then a vast majority of hits should be deemed interference. So which one is it?

From my view even though the puck wasn't on his stick, he clearly had control and no player was even close to him to bring that to dispute.

Bad call

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Since when does possession matter? If you chip the puck in while a teammate is in the ozone and enter the zone before they exit, it's a delayed offside. Doesn't matter if it's on your stick or not.

I just posted a replay in 2017 showing that it matters. Here it is again:

Reactions: Mordoch

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
If you watch it in normal speed, he doesn't change his stride or do anything different than he normally would. It was pure fluke that he didn't touch it for the half second, he has full control the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad