• Total voters

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Probably not, but nobody should be surprised if it happened

Makar is the only PPG Dman in the league this season

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think he’ll fall a little bit short.

He’ll probably end up with something like 93/94 points when he gets to game 100.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He definitely could but likely won't. Just tough to do as a dman but the fact that he's even close to that is incredible. I'm kinda curious what he will be offensively at his peak, cause is there much more room for him to grow offensively? I mean what he's already doing is extremely hard so wtf is next for him. Seems like he already excels everywhere offensively too: shot, one timer, passing, IQ, everything

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
He definitely could but likely won't. Just tough to do as a dman but the fact that he's even close to that is incredible. I'm kinda curious what he will be offensively at his peak, cause is there much more room for him to grow offensively? I mean what he's already doing is extremely hard so wtf is next for him. Seems like he already excels everywhere offensively too: shot, one timer, passing, IQ, everything
If there is another clear step in his development no Dman in the league is touching Makar for quite a while.

I assume he is already at his peak, but then again Makar has improved every year in his career and this is still only his 2nd NHL season.

Reactions: Dominance and PAZ

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

While i'm not sure if it's likely, but if he gets a bit stronger and grows into his frame a bit more it would add another dimension to his game. There are a few plays where he tries to slip past a defender where he could've powered through, but instead just chips it in. He's also quite casual out there at times - especially in the offensive zone (which is kind of crazy). If he gains an extra 5-10 lbs I think he'd feel a lot more confident attacking the defender and using his edgework/skating to separate himself.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Yeah, I don’t think I’m expecting any kind of massive growth from him offensively moving forward because at some point there’s only so much you can do as a defenceman.

Probably just polishing out his game and continuing to refine his skills. He’s not that experienced right now though, so extra reps against NHL competition will probably help moving forward.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I think you'll see a fair bit of growth over the next few years in the sense that his decision making will progress. Just an insane dman to add to the influx of young talent these days.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
No. How is he going to score 15pts in 10 games?
Well I watch most avs games and there aren’t many games that he doesn’t get a point, so if he can maintain that pace and have a few multi- point games then he has a realistic chance to get 100 points in 100 games

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
He's absurd for his age. He's also sound defensively and shows flashes of defensive dominance in the future. Still has some errors there but he has a defense first mentality which is awesome and crazy.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
No but this guy is way better than Karlsson ever was, I remember how in love HFBoards was with that guy, even though he couldn't play defense. Makar can play defense.

Reactions: John Snow

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
No but this guy is way better than Karlsson ever was, I remember how in love HFBoards was with that guy, even though he couldn't play defense. Makar can play defense.

Pretty hard to understate how dominant he was though. He led that Sens team to the conference finals and put on a show doing it. Also saw him play live in 2016 near front row and his speed and skill level with the puck was jaw dropping.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Pretty hard to understate how dominant he was though. He led that Sens team to the conference finals and put on a show doing it. Also saw him play live in 2016 near front row and his speed and skill level with the puck was jaw dropping.

I don’t think Makar is far off, honestly.

He’s got to continue to do his thing and improve, but after this year he’ll have two 70+ point pace seasons under is belt. Karlsson has paced for 70+ five teams in his career.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I don’t think Makar is far off, honestly.

He’s got to continue to do his thing and improve, but after this year he’ll have two 70+ point pace seasons under is belt. Karlsson has paced for 70+ five teams in his career.

He's probably pretty close already which is crazy enough, but he's certainly not way better than Karlsson ever was.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad