Calder Watch - Hertl leading the pack

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
He slumped in terms of 60 minutes of effort for a few games honestly, but I thought he played outstanding all game long against Ottawa. He also lost Burns on his opposite wing though, which impacted the whole line up, not just him.

He is playing great for a kid. He uses his speed incredibly well, his size is a factor though he puts himself in awkward positions from time to time, and he manufactures legitimate scoring chances a good chunk of the time when he possesses the puck in the offensive zone.

He is at least running away with it, in a pack with Jones and Monahan. They can duke it out over the course of a long season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He slumped in terms of 60 minutes of effort for a few games honestly, but I thought he played outstanding all game long against Ottawa. He also lost Burns on his opposite wing though, which impacted the whole line up, not just him.

He is playing great for a kid. He uses his speed incredibly well, his size is a factor though he puts himself in awkward positions from time to time, and he manufactures legitimate scoring chances a good chunk of the time when he possesses the puck in the offensive zone.

He is at least running away with it, in a pack with Jones and Monahan. They can duke it out over the course of a long season.

Exactly. Hes going to hit rough patches as is every other rookie but hes played way above expectations. Wednesday will be very interesting because that is going to be a highly intense game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Maybe not so much. Sharks don't have a problem getting up for the Kings, but the Kings have a game in Phoenix tonight so they might be off tomorrow.

I think the Kings will be fine. It favors the Sharks but it will be a big boy game and it will be interesting to see how Hertl handles it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad