Calder Cup Playoffs roster eligibility questions

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Are the following groups of players eligible or ineligible for the Calder Cup Playoffs?:

- PTO players
- ATO players
- players on loan from other NHL organizations
- 2015-16 amateurs who signed NHL ELCs after their junior or college season ended (i.e after the trade deadline)
- 2015-16 amateurs who played 2015-16 junior or college season having signed an NHL ELC and were assigned to the AHL affiliate to make their pro debut after their junior or college season ended
- players on loan to ECHL teams (pre-playoffs or mid-playoffs call-ups due to injury or NHL call-up)

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Are the following groups of players eligible or ineligible for the Calder Cup Playoffs?:

- PTO players Yes
- ATO players Yes
- players on loan from other NHL organizations Yes
- 2015-16 amateurs who signed NHL ELCs after their junior or college season ended (i.e after the trade deadline) Yes
- 2015-16 amateurs who played 2015-16 junior or college season having signed an NHL ELC and were assigned to the AHL affiliate to make their pro debut after their junior or college season ended I think so
- players on loan to ECHL teams (pre-playoffs or mid-playoffs call-ups due to injury or NHL call-up)
Yes

I am not an expert, but...

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
All the "ineligibility" playoff rules are largely designed to keep NHL players from being sent down to stack a team. The AHL wants more fresh out of college and junior players.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
All the "ineligibility" playoff rules are largely designed to keep NHL players from being sent down to stack a team. The AHL wants more fresh out of college and junior players.

FTR, he's down on a conditioning stint. Played the two games last weekend.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

- PTO players
- ATO players
- players on loan from other NHL organizations
- 2015-16 amateurs who signed NHL ELCs after their junior or college season ended (i.e after the trade deadline)
- 2015-16 amateurs who played 2015-16 junior or college season having signed an NHL ELC and were assigned to the AHL affiliate to make their pro debut after their junior or college season ended

"Players on loan from other NHL organizations" would only be eligible if they were loaned to their current AHL teams before the AHL trade deadline.

"Players on loan to ECHL teams" are eligible provided they were not on an NHL roster at the NHL's trade deadline.

Everyone else on your list is eligible.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
"Players on loan from other NHL organizations" would only be eligible if they were loaned to their current AHL teams before the AHL trade deadline.

"Players on loan to ECHL teams" are eligible provided they were not on an NHL roster at the NHL's trade deadline.

Everyone else on your list is eligible.

Thanks!

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Can anyone explain this move?

BEARS ADD VETERAN MONARDO:

Hershey continues to tinker with its lineup as it preps for Game 1 in Portland on Friday. The Bears added forward Domenic Monardo to their roster via a PTO contract this week. Monardo, 27, played with Springfield this season, scoring eight goals and five assists in 44 games.

He played the entire season for Springfield but he was able to join another team for the playoffs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad