Calder Cup Finals

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons

Yeah - not buying that. When you plan a road trip, you plan for the whole thing. Especially in a place like Hershey that's busy this time of year. The fact they made a big deal of having to switch hotels on short notice like they got kicked out - why? They had to drive 40 minutes further away and they made it out to be a major hardship?

Even their TV announcers were arrogant as heck in Game 3 - you could tell they expected to win easily and get home.

Reactions: swansonsays

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Yeah - not buying that. When you plan a road trip, you plan for the whole thing. Especially in a place like Hershey that's busy this time of year. The fact they made a big deal of having to switch hotels on short notice like they got kicked out - why? They had to drive 40 minutes further away and they made it out to be a major hardship?

Even their TV announcers were arrogant as heck in Game 3 - you could tell they expected to win easily and get home.
I'll agree on that. The only reason they would have needed to find a hotel on short notice is if they didn't book one initially. The only reason you don't book one initially is because you don't plan on playing Game 5.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
If they were in fact arrogant than they got their comeuppance when they got swept in hershey...I believe half of the stories.. I think they are picking and choosing what to tell to make them look like they were wronged...yes I'm sure they were moved out of their hotel after game 4, but I'm equally sure that they were aware of the fact before they even got to Hershey for game 3...no hotel is going to book that many rooms knowing that they can't accommodate the booking. So if they did in fact wait til after game 4 to find rooms then they are stupid. I don't believe they had to wait...unless the hotel initially told them they had rooms, and then told them they didn't. If that happened then word would've gotten around the league pretty quick and that would be the end of that hotel for teams. I'm guessing that they got beat the first 2 games...tried to use the hotel thing as an excuse and are now doing damage control... Because if they waited til after 4 then whoever did their travel arrangements needs to be removed from that position...it's the CALDER CUP FINALS...you have the forsight to book a CHARTER airplane but not enough rooms in the city you are going for the time youre expected to be there????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad