GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game #1| Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch | June 8 | 7:00 PM

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
They need to stop with these penalties and shift momentum back the other way. This is getting too close for comfort.

Detroit Sports*

Their guy was clearly standing in the blue paint with no Griffin even remotely close, so if you want to go by the rulebook I guess it's the correct call. Still feels like a break after that pressure.

Last TV replay showed it pretty good.

So the AHL is like the old NHL rule of your cant be in the crease at all?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Geez Louise, parading to the box. Crunch are scary good and like to hit it would seem. Would be nice if they kept their skates on the ice when they threw their cannonball hits. PPs are 4-1, maybe the refs call one of those mega-charges.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

I don't know, but the guy just appeared to be standing pretty deep in the crease for a while which in my opinion shouldn't be allowed, it limits the goaltenders movement.

It's not like he was barely in the crease he was standing right in front of Mrazek.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Pretty sure you can if you're digging for the puck, but he was just standing there as a screener. He wasn't dancing on the line either like Homer, had the full skates in the blue.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Just like in the NHL you don't have to make contact with the goalie to be considered interfering with him.

Standing in the crease preventing him from being able to come out and challenge the shooter is enough to get a goal called back. Making contact with him gets the goal called back and a 2 minute penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad