GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 1 - 06.08.14 - vs St. John's - 7:30 PM - NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Depends on how healthy he really is. Not sure healthy enough to backup and healthy enough to start are the same thing. If he is good to go, then yeah, I'd start him.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Is Jack Campbell in net tomorrow night?

I hope so. A fresh goaltender could win tomorrow night's game for them. I think it's questionable whether Nilstorp can put together two decent starts in a row.

Seems like the team that loses game 1 of a back to back set wins game 2 a far greater percentage of the time than you would expect given a prediction based on the strength of the teams :( Let's hope that the Stars can buck that trend and take 2 wins up to St. John's - they may very well need both.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
BpVfd8UIIAA2CAo.jpg:large

Stanley Cup, Calder Cup.. it doesn't matter when it's a Cold Hard Fact.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So I gotta say, after watching St. John's I have to say I'm not as worried as I was with the previous series like GRG or Toronto.

They seem to lack that killer instinct to take advantage of turn overs like Toronto. That said, Texas really needs to clean up that part of the game STILL.

They also can't seem slow down Texas either and once Texas gets into the zone STJ has some issues.

I think Texas can win this in 5 games. If they can clean up the turnovers and Campbell and Nihlstorp play great then they can sweep St. Johns.

Glad you enjoyed the game Lobo, I'm even happier it was on a win. We have quite a few Dallas fans but we do also have quite a few Detroit, Pittsburg, and Boston fans for some reason.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Yea, it was interesting seeing all the different jerseys. Los Angeles, Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, Vancouver and Boston all around me. But Boston had numerous through out the crowd.

FYI, first Calder Final win at home in team history. 0-3 before tonight.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Awesome first game for me at the CPC. Will definitely be coming back.

Was shocked at how many victory green sweaters were there.

It's definitely getting better. For a while, it felt like most of the fans ignored the fact that Dallas existed. Now they're seeing their heroes like Jamie Benn in the NHL. Suddenly victory green is everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad