Proposal: Cal Petersen to Toronto

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Kings are more willing to trade Campbell before Petersen.

What about Bracco for Campbell + pick (cond. pick depending on Bracco playing NHL games).

Doubt it would happen. When dubas was the gm for sault st marie greyhounds, he traded the farm for campbell and campbell did horribly. Dubas is familiar with campbell and i’m sure campbell has vastly improved, but i doubt he thrives in toronto since it is kind of a goalie graveyard there.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Any reason people keep on saying Petersen’s the future goalie and not Campbell? Petersen’s only 2 years younger and Campbell’s actually had some success in the nhl.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Any reason people keep on saying Petersen’s the future goalie and not Campbell? Petersen’s only 2 years younger and Campbell’s actually had some success in the nhl.

Campbell was just extended for two years in September, at $1.65 million. Peterson I don't believe is waiver eligible next year.

If Peterson is the future, why exactly did they choose to extend Campbell for two years? Something doesn't add up there? One of these goalies will need to be moved, it would seem. I'm not suggesting that there has been a fair offer for either here, but it looks like Kings management has given the nod to Campbell, with that contract. We see Campbell playing the NHL this year, while Peterson is back in the AHL... You'd think, if Peterson was the future, at 25, he'd be the backup... help me understand this situation. Thanks.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Internet GMs are sure quick to judge a proposal made by someone who's obviously an insider at TSN and has a better clue on the workings between GMs.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
we have seen both play and Petersen is the better goalie. His ahl coach said this kids captain material if you could have a goalie as captain he probably would He is by far the better goalie and i love campbell

He needs to play full time minutes is why hes in ahl to develop fully

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Campbell was just extended for two years in September, at $1.65 million. Peterson I don't believe is waiver eligible next year.

If Peterson is the future, why exactly did they choose to extend Campbell for two years? Something doesn't add up there? One of these goalies will need to be moved, it would seem. I'm not suggesting that there has been a fair offer for either here, but it looks like Kings management has given the nod to Campbell, with that contract. We see Campbell playing the NHL this year, while Peterson is back in the AHL... You'd think, if Peterson was the future, at 25, he'd be the backup... help me understand this situation. Thanks.

LA management wanted Cal to be able to play a lot and not play as a backup. He is in the A cause he can play a ton and could go without waivers. If they had sent Campbell down he would have been exposed to waivers. It’s a numbers game and Cal will be the in LA next year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
LA management wanted Cal to be able to play a lot and not play as a backup. He is in the A cause he can play a ton and could go without waivers. If they had sent Campbell down he would have been exposed to waivers. It’s a numbers game and Cal will be the in LA next year.

Thanks. So Campbell gets moved in the offseason, to allow Peterson to play next year then?

Reactions: go4hockey

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i want to put the kings rebuild on hold and help out our fellow Leafs in Toronto... because they were consistently classy during our two matchups last year... i don't recall at all a few of them storming our boards to gloat that they suck less than us....i don't recall that at all

besides, they're cupless since 1967 which coincides with the birth of the LA Kings

so we do have a bond... ok i'm convinced

our future potential #1 goalie Petersen for....let's say Hutchinson and David Clarkson? is he still a thing? i forget

thanks guys!!

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Petersen is the Heir to the Throne in LA. He is one of the least likely to be moved from LA.

And I doubt the Kings management would even move Campbell or Quick for that horrible offer and you want Cal :biglaugh:

That's a huge no from LA

Ya its a bad offer, but lets not get dramatic and pretend LA wouldn't jump out of their shoes if this was offered for Quick.

Screenshot_20191203-111021_Chrome.jpg

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Ya its a bad offer, but lets not get dramatic and pretend LA wouldn't jump out of their shoes if this was offered for Quick.

View attachment 285903

are we allowed to be total noobs (according to you knowledgeable leafs fans) and say we'd rather keep Quickie than to insult him with a garbage proposal?

like, is it possible to decline it for other reasons than money?

is it ok oh dear hockey Gods?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
are we allowed to be total noobs (according to you knowledgeable leafs fans) and say we'd rather keep Quickie than to insult him with a garbage proposal?

like, is it possible to decline it for other reasons than money?

is it ok oh dear hockey Gods?

Lol as if I'm the one not being objective. Yeah, us Leaf fans are the worst.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think people really need to check the history books on the average return for a back up goalie.

A lot of the suggestions for Campbell would represent a very high mark historically unless you think he is actually going on to be a starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad