Proposal: Cal Petersen to Toronto

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Cal Petersen is L.A.'s goalie of the future. Toronto wants him it's going to cost a lot more than Hutch and a 2021 3rd.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
How about: Campbell for hutchinson (cap and contract purposes) + Columbus 3rd (turns into Toronto 2nd based on Campbell GP)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Campbell was just extended for two years in September, at $1.65 million. Peterson I don't believe is waiver eligible next year.

If Peterson is the future, why exactly did they choose to extend Campbell for two years? Something doesn't add up there? One of these goalies will need to be moved, it would seem. I'm not suggesting that there has been a fair offer for either here, but it looks like Kings management has given the nod to Campbell, with that contract. We see Campbell playing the NHL this year, while Peterson is back in the AHL... You'd think, if Peterson was the future, at 25, he'd be the backup... help me understand this situation. Thanks.

Two years for Campbell so he could be exposed in the upcoming expansion draft.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Petersen will be the one out of the three protected for the Seattle draft.

The ideal scenario for the kings is Campbell gets moved at TDL or off-season, CAL - Quick rotation next year, Seattle select quick with LA signing Campbell as a UFA soon after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad