NCAA GDT: Cal Hawaii

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
They have a sideline reporter there. Why wouldn't the announcers be there? What do you think this is, NBC's coverage of the Olympics?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Maybe they are paying too much for the playoffs they couldn't afford sending anyone to Sydney. It's a shame. I'm sure it's nice there this time of year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wish that was on earlier, but of course that would defeat the purpose of having the game in Australia, unless it was a night game there.

Regardless, this is such a glorious week. Some very good Week 1 matchups, can't wait to take it all in

Sep 19, 2008
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ow-warriors-season-opener-australia/89468540/

SYDNEY — Davis Webb threw four touchdown passes and ran for another score in a sensational debut for California, leading the Bears to a 51-31 win over Hawaii on Saturday in college football’s season opener at Sydney’s Olympic stadium.

Khalfani Muhammad had 94 yards rushing and one touchdown, and Chad Hansen had 14 receptions for 160 yards and two scores to help Cal win the game played Down Under as a tourism initiative and to increase awareness of “gridiron” in the country.

“Phenomenal, I was energetic,” Muhammad said of his 34-yard TD run in the second minute of the game. “My first one, and it’s special, of course.”

Webb said it was a “very good victory” in his first game with Cal, but praised his offensive line and Hansen, who clicked with his quarterback from early on.

“As soon as Davis showed up at Cal, we just had a connection,” Hansen said.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Returning next week by popular demand......the weekly Corso Headgear Selection Report, featuring my choice for "Sign of the Week", who the Celebrity Picker is & who he/she picked & of course which headgear Lee donned & his antics before/during & after!

We must enjoy this national treasure for as long as we can.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Returning next week by popular demand......the weekly Corso Headgear Selection Report, featuring my choice for "Sign of the Week", who the Celebrity Picker is & who he/she picked & of course which headgear Lee donned & his antics before/during & after!

We must enjoy this national treasure for as long as we can.

I could be wrong, but I thought last year was Corso's last year on Gameday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad