Cage Hang...

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
It's been a 'style' thing for the past several years with kids. I always discouraged it because it's stupid and dangerous but at least they can only harm themselves!

When I worked at my store, some kids would ask me to size them up so they could get the hang, but I always refused haha

kij

Jan 31, 2016
As a player for the past 16 years I can say that cage and/or bubble hang is not just style but also a comfort thing. I can't stand the feeling of my chin piece rubbing against my face.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
As a player for the past 16 years I can say that cage and/or bubble hang is not just style but also a comfort thing. I can't stand the feeling of my chin piece rubbing against my face.
When I first started growing facial hair, it was irritating for a month.

I find a flopping cage/chin strap seems to impede vision at the worst times. Seen too many teens lose a puck in their skates, cant find it, then get drilled with their head down, and their helmet is already half off.

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
Forgive my ignorance but what is cage hang? i can only assume it is not fastening the cage properly?

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
In all my years playing, this is the first I've ever heard of this.

Hanging their cages lower? What's next, hydrolics, ground effects, chrome bolts, and a sweet ass horn that plays la cucaracha every time you step on the ice?

Stupid kids get off my lawn with your crazy interwebz.

Reactions: AIREAYE

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I would never do this cage hang trend. I've been hit in the cage about 6 times by pucks in the last 3 years, so it's saved me, but the worst was a head on collision with another player last summer. Both of us skated into eachother head to head, cages hitting square dead center. I probably had a minor concussion, but since my cage was on the proper way I was OK. The other guy was the same. Had either of us being doing the cage hang, who knows what kind of damages or injuries would have occurred.

Glad I spent the cash on the Bauer Re-Akt cage, it's saved my face some expensive and painfull lessons. Best protective investment in my bag; I have it on an Easton E700, combined they are light as a you can get.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get hurt anytime soon.

Reactions: LarryO

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Yep, it’s more important to look cool and not have some rubbing on your chin than to prevent a broken jaw.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It sucks bad enough taking a shoulder to the head when your helmet actually fits right. I don't wanna think about what horribleness would happen if I had my cage like that and took one up high

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I would never do this cage hang trend. I've been hit in the cage about 6 times by pucks in the last 3 years, so it's saved me, but the worst was a head on collision with another player last summer. Both of us skated into eachother head to head, cages hitting square dead center. I probably had a minor concussion, but since my cage was on the proper way I was OK. The other guy was the same. Had either of us being doing the cage hang, who knows what kind of damages or injuries would have occurred.

Glad I spent the cash on the Bauer Re-Akt cage, it's saved my face some expensive and painfull lessons. Best protective investment in my bag; I have it on an Easton E700, combined they are light as a you can get.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get hurt anytime soon.
Great cage. I have the same one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad