C Zachary Morin - Snipers Hockey Club, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The team you listed is wrong. He will play for Collège Esther-Blondin in Quebec Midget AAA (now re-named M18 or U18 in english)

There is info about him in this thread: 2025 NHL Draft Prospects

I posted about him recently. It looks like Zachary Morin could start in Midget AAA this year as a 14 years old, based on this tweet;

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance and MMC

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Certainly good enough to play MAAA at 14. Already has pro tools almost, will see if his hockey sense is good enough to warrant a top 10 selection in the NHL in a few years.

Reactions: Dominance

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Has already started in QMAAA and has just scored his first goal.

It will be interesting to follow his performance and compare with Joe Veleno.

He can achieve exceptional status even though I don't think he's a generational talent like Wright or Bedard (I have a feeling it's more Roobroeck but we need to see more).

In any case, he seems to be stronger than all the players born in 2006 playing in Quebec and the Maritimes.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Still has a year until Q draft year, I'd be more concerned if he wasn't producing next season

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
He confirmed recently on a podcast that he has decided to go to the USHL and take the college route.

This really shakes things up for the QMJHL draft.

Canada continues to lose high end talents to the USHL.
Kids from the Maratimes have long threatened to jump to the NCAA to avoid ending up in small Québec towns, but this trend of non-Montréal Québec (where English skills are typically under what would be required to attend an American university from an academic point of view) players like Boisvert, Luneau and now Morin is relatively new

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Listed 3rd on the scouting central list despite comitting to USA. QMJHL draft goes June 10th. Will be interesting to see where he is picked.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Any insight into where he plans on committing to in the NCAA? I believe '07 prospects can start taking visits and commit this upcoming fall? I might be wrong though.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Any insight into where he plans on committing to in the NCAA? I believe '07 prospects can start taking visits and commit this upcoming fall? I might be wrong though.

On the Quebec side, the draft is tomorrow, and there is a rumour Moncton is going to pick him. We'll know more in 24 hours

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Drafted by Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 19th overall

He is from the region. His hometown is about 30 minutes from the Armada's rink

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Committed to BU. They are the new Michigan, and will likely get Cullen Potten and maybe Hagens, too.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ultimately, he doesn't look very strong. He was presented as the Quebec player above all others in 2007 in pee-wee (2020).

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
???

He’s near a point a game as a 16 yer old in the ushl, I don’t know what strong means for you but that’s a pretty good trajectory
Only 0.67

I mean : not the best prospect in Quebec for the 2007 class. So clearly not the elite talent hoped for 3 years ago. His QMAAA season 2 seasons ago already announced this trend. 2007 players have caught up or even doubled him. I was surprised when I heard from Q scouts that Desnoyers and Guité would have been ahead of him in the Q draft but it is confirmed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not saying that his career is doomed or anything crazy, but I think he's been the big disappointment at the WHC17 for the two Canada teams. He's kind of just there. Not looking anything like a player that some thought was the best 2007 class player out of Quebec.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 6+7=13 points in 39 games.

I think he’s probably like a second or third round pick next year. I know he came into the season with a lot of hype, but he’s not really been the level of player, either with Youngstown or at the WHC17 for Canada, that was expected. He’s a center with some skill, good puck protection, and good speed when he gets going. His agility lacks a little, and he’s more of a good, not great, skill guy. Defensively, I find him okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad